I'm scared my cat is really sick!! **Update-finally good news**

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
  • Banned
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

Ok I am hoping someone on here can help me. My cat is about one year old and all of a sudden tonight he is almost cowering from my fiance and I and he seems to barely open his eyes and twitches alot like he is in pain. I have no idea what is causing this and to be honest dont have the money right now for a huge vet bill but I am curious if this is something I can fix at home by giving him something or what do I do??

Any have experience with this or know what it is Thank you so much in advance I am so scared for my poor kitty right now.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

has he eaten anything like household chemicals or toxic plants. i hate to say it but you really should take the kitty to the vet, sooner than later.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
    • Banned
    • 248 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

no there are no plants or chemicals he could get into...the thing is its 11 at night where I am so I will have to wait for the morning to go to a vet I am just hoping I dont have to...bahhh

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

i hope a vet or vet tech on here might have some good advice for you...sending positive thoughts to your kitty.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

oh no thats sooo scary. do you have any 24 hour vets nearby? or an emergency vet phone number?? maybe if you call there will be a number on an answering service and the vet will come in to help.

#6 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
      • Banned
      • 248 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

Yes there is a 24 vet Abbie and I wish I could call but I have for another cat I have and they tell you just to come in no matter what the problem is and just to get a vet to look at your pet with no tests or anything included its about $300 which is crazy and which i really dont have ....so im hoping someone on here knows what is happening with him and if not ill get him to a vet first thing in the morning

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

i totally know how you feel, soooo torn, my kitties are my babies and i would freak out too if something were happening to them. BUT its so hard to be torn between the cost and the kitty its a very tough choice, and i know its "just" an animal as some people would say, but i think i would just bite the bullet and take him in. even if spending the money would totally break me, at least i would feel like i was doing all i could to help him.

but thats me. and i totally understand if its not something you are able to do, it just so tough and such a bad choice to have to be made HUGS sweetie, i really hope he is just having a weird thing and he will be back to his old self in the morning!!

#8 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
        • Banned
        • 248 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

oh trust me if I had a penny to my name right now I would already with my kitty at the vet but pay day is in two days and until then im broke as broke can be. i dont even have a credit card or else i would use that. bahhh my kittys are my babies for sure and i give them everything I can but I am so torn right now as to what to do. I think since its almost midnight now I will get up at 7 or so in the morning and call the vet to see what to do.

I have gone into serious debt for one of my kittys before and I dont regret it for a second but I dont have that option right now!! bahhh this is heartbreaking i feel like a terrible mommy

#9 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
          • Banned
          • 3,639 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:46 PM

If you call the Vet at 7am what is the difference if you call now You stated they would tell you to come in anyways. Let them know your money situation and I am sure they will help in some ways. It never hurts to ask. Post dated checks anything....

#10 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
            • Banned
            • 248 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

MY vet I can call in the morning. The emergency vet is a totally different clinic and doesnt have my cats medical records so they cant help me over the phone. They tell you just to come in if you that are worried and I have friends who have brought their pets to this emerg clinic (the only one in toronto that I can find) and they walk out with a $2000 bill for something that a non-emerg vet would have charged about $500...its crazy...if i had the money i would do it though. Plus I would have to take a cab there which is a long drive and I just dont have the money for any of this until I get paid in a couple days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users