Photo

No ring bearer...What to do?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 punkie569

punkie569
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

So we decided not to have any sort of bridal party at all. We also are doing an adults only wedding so there will be no tiny ring bearer. Now I'm at a loss as to what to do with our rings though. Who should carry them? What do I put them in? I appreciate any ideas of what you did at your wedding even if you did have a ring bearer. Thanks!
    Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#2 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
    • VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

Usually you would just have the best man carry them for you. A lot of people dont even give the real rings to the ringbearer because they are afraid they may drop them.

#3 jmiranda

jmiranda
      • 697 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:20 PM

Give them to the best man. Im having a ring bearer but the real ones will be held by the best man.

#4 punkie569

punkie569
        • 255 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

Like I said we aren't having a bridal party so there won't be a best man. Now what? LOL
          Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#5 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
          • VIP Member
          • 2,861 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

Well then you could just hold FI's ring and he could hold yours. Or ask your officiant if they would be able to hold them for you. You could always make a tie on your boquet somewhere to hold FIs ring if you are afraid of dropping it while you are walking.

#6 Ayita

Ayita
            • 861 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

Just give them to the minister ! Or to the wedding coordinator. You have a WC ? If so he/she will get them and prepare them on the ceremony place.

Otherwise, best solution is in FI's pockets ! and plan to have the minister ask : "do you have the rings ?". So cute :)

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

I agree...have FI carry them. Or maybe you could make a ring seashell (search here for details). You could have FI bring it to the ceremony site with him & just have it on the table where you sign the register. When asked for the rings just reach & get them.

Hope this helps!!

#8 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

We had no bridal party and no ring bearer at our wedding so here's how it went:

I gave my mom my DH's ring to hold on to as I knew she'd be sitting in the front and she could quickly give it to me when it was time.

DH had his in his pocket but he decided last minute to give it to his three-year old nephew to bring up, even though he wasn't the official ring bearer. The original plan was for DH to just grab it out of his pocket when it was time.

I also had my mom hold my flowers while she watched the ceremony lol. Hope this helps you! :)

#9 dursula

dursula
                  • 75 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

Moms don't know it yet... but the idea is that my mom holds FH's ring and FMIL holds mine.

#10 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
                    • 516 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dursula
                      Moms don't know it yet... but the idea is that my mom holds FH's ring and FMIL holds mine.
                      That sounds perfect!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users