Photo

When to send invites for DW?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lindz

Lindz
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

So we are getting married at the end of June, and have a July AHR...our invitations have both "celebrations" in them....when is the proper time to send these?

Thanks!!!

#2 frazali

frazali
    • 245 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

We sent out STD's in October, and we're sending out our invites this Saturday for our May 24th celebration. Did you send out STD's? If so, then people already know when the celebration is, so I think that you can send the invites out in early May.

When is your reply date on the invites?

#3 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
      • 475 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

I am probably sending mine a little early, but...
        I am getting married in Jamaica on June 19th, and will be sending out the invitations this weekend. But, I am not asking for a response until May 29th.
        Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#4 reevesbride

reevesbride
        • 212 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

I'm getting married July 15, 2009 and I just mailed out my invites Monday. I wanted people to have time to plan and prepare.

#5 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

I did ours much earlier. Flights are great now so i wanted people to get the best prices. And have time to put in vacation, search for best airfare, etc. We sent out our invites in December for our August wedding. We asked for RSVP by February 15th. Each person is picking what they want to eat off our menu so I needed to get in our food quote to the restaurant.

#6 litl_april

litl_april
            • 351 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

We just sent our out about 2 weeks ago for a June 1st wedding.

#7 mich999

mich999
              • 386 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

We sent ours about 10 days ago for a May 30th wedding and July AHR with a response for both in mid-April. We pretty much know everyone who is coming to and those few that may still be undecided I wanted to give ample time to book even though we did send out STDs last November too. It's a little early for rsvp'ing for AHR, but I didn't want to send 2 separate rsvp cards and I figured can't hurt to get it on calendars early!

There is a small group of people only getting invites to AHR, those will go out in May.

#8 Lindz

Lindz
                • 109 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

Thanks guys!! I just sent our invites out!! Thank you for the input!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users