Did you wear your actual dress for TTD? How did it hold up?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:56 AM

So we decided to schedule a TTD session and I would love to wear my dress for it but I am also planning on wearing it for our AHR about a month after we get home. If you wore your ceremony dress for your TTD, did it ruin it? We're not planning on doing anything extreme but I'm sure there will be a few laying in the wet sand/water pictures. If you have any advice for me, I would appreciate it!

Here is my dress and the description, if that makes a difference:

Beaded embroidery enhanced with crystals accent the shoulder straps and bodice with ruched empire waist and sweetheart neckline. Plain stole

Fabric(s) : Chiffon/Imperial Satin

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 budgetjamaicabride

• 516 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

Your dress is gorgeous and I am wondering the same thing. Thanks for posting.

#3 seaprincess

• 753 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

My dress was all lace and and I used it for my TTD and although it was really sandy, it wasn't ruined at all and I'm wearing it for my AHR in a few weeks....I know a lot of brides have done the same thing. I think that as long as your dress isn't made of silk you should be just fine.
        Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#4 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

So, when it got dirty, did you wait and have it cleaned at home? Or did you find cleaners in the area and have it cleaned there? I would REALLY like to get as much wear of this dress as possible and I'm just scared of mud staining it.

I would love to hear from more brides too!

#5 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

Seaprincess, I checked out your TTD to make sure that you got as down and dirty as we plan on getting and you sure did!!! BEAUTIFUL and SEXY pics!! And I guess if your dress cleaned up just fine then mine should! I sure hope so!

#6 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

do silk dresses generally get ruined? mine is silk chiffon :S

#7 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

Try searching this subject girls, its been discussed quite frequently. Remember if someone has already started a thread w/ the subject, bump it instead of starting a whole new thread.

#8 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
                • 530 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

Your dress will hold up just fine... 99.9% of competent photographers will not ask you do anything that will ruin your dress. I ask brides to sit in a ally, or some times they want to get into the ocean... thats all goo, nothing a dry cleaning will not fix.

#9 nibsmom

• 564 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

I was worried about this too - so I'm going to do a 'mild' TTD with my real dress, and then I got a cheaper dress to really trash. Even if we do have an AHR, I won't probably be wearing my dress - I just don't want to ruin it because it's the prettiest thing I've ever owned! LOL!

#10 Duchess

• 358 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

One of the threads above was mine, and everyone said it was fine to use your regular dress. My dress got filthy just from the wedding. FILTHY. I havent gotten it dry cleaned yet, but man, it is sandy and brown at the bottom from just walking and going in the water to the ankles for pics. I personally didnt care because I am not having an AHR and the dirt is all part of the night, like a little memory embedded right in the dress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users