Notarized birth certificate?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ashley173

• 16 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

I am getting married at the end up May at the Clubhotel RIU Negril. We are starting to get our paperwork together and on the list of required paperwork it states 'notarized birth cerificate.' We took all of our paperwork items to the notary and the only problem was that they said they can not notorize birth certificates. Can anyone tell me what to do about this--and if any of you were able to have this done? THANKS so much!

#2 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:40 PM

We're getting married at RPTB in April and we had no problems getting our birth certificates or passports notarized.... did the notary give you a reason as to why your bc's couldnt be notarized??

#3 Anna83

• 288 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

Does your birth certificate have a notary stamp on it from when you were born? Ours did. We took ours to the bank and have photocopies of them notarized, which I don't think we would have had to do, since it had an original notary stamp on it.

#4 montegobay09

• 832 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

We got ours notarized too. FI had a certified copy from Barbados and I had my original Canadian birth certificate and we had no problem getting them copied with a notarized stamp thingy on it. Seems weird that you wouldn't be able to get it done...I'd say get a second opinoin! I'm sure someone will do it!

#5 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

Ash there's a website where you can order your birthcertificates with a seal on them, do you think that's what they mean by notarized? I know in NJ you can also get them with a seal on them from the Vital Statistics in the city you were born in.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 budgetjamaicabride

• 516 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:38 AM

Ok... the key is it is a copy of your birth certificate that is notarized to verify the notary has seen the original. Not the notarized orginial. Right?

#7 tangles66

• 26 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:16 AM

I emailed the resort yesterday and she told me the "copies" of the documents have to be noterized. went to the bank yesterday and my banker was a bit confused also because the BC was already noterized. I explained the original is noterized but this copy is not. Last post is correct they are noterizing it to say that the copy of it is true and you are who you are. Take your original with you to proove that you copied it or have the notary copy it for you. If your banker wont do it go to a different bank!!!

#8 jenjoe08

• 67 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

They mean it needs to be certified copy of your birth certificate or the original. You need to get a copy from the gov't entity in your area that issues birth certificates.

#9 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

I was told to just photocopy my BC and Passport. I did color copies and then had those notarized. Thats all you need. You don't need to mail them your actual BC

#10 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,504 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

VitalChek Express - Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Records, Divorce Records and Vital Records

This is a great site for ordering certified/notarized copies of your birth certificate. That is where DH and I both got ours.

The fee is different for each state. Mine was about $20 (KY) and I think his was $8 (NV)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users