Photo

Symbolic wedding

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Blackpearl

Blackpearl
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:12 PM

Does going the symbolic route make flighthotel rates cheaper for our guest or does it only benefit us ?

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

no it has nothing to do with that. all is does is usually make your wedding/ceremony package cheaper as you will not have to pay a minister.

#3 sarah310

sarah310
    • 172 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:52 PM

I agree with Abbie. But it might be worth doing anyways -- a friend of mine got married there last year and it took 6 months to get all the paperwork through before she could start thinking about changing her name, etc back in the states.

#4 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:16 AM

I agree with Abbie & Sara310, the two are separate. The travel arrangements you & your guests book on your own or through a TA and pay before you go (i.e. your trip portion of the week). The wedding aspects (i.e. the special event / add-on services) you arrange with the wedding department of the resort, you put a deposit on and pay when you get there. The wedding part will be a contract between you, your FI & the resort or the outside venue you choose and have nothing to do with your guests rates for staying at the resort.

#5 Steffi234

Steffi234
        • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

Has anyone done the symbolic ceremony and not told their guests that they were already married??

#6 Debs

Debs
          • VIP Member
          • 7,104 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

yup yup! They were really professional about it and no one knew the difference.

#7 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
            • 347 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

That is my plan. All that translating to spanish, then back to english is too much $ and time..

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

You'll just save money on not having to have your paperwork translated and not having to pay for the civil judge. I would of saved about $1000 if i did the symbolic. Your guests wont save any money on travel arrangements.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
                • 247 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, we are getting married before our wedding in Mexico, and no one knows about it

#10 RicandamseL

RicandamseL
                  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

I'm thinking of going that route too...getting married at home. If we do it that way, what goes on at the symbolic ceremony? Who leads the ceremony and what is it like? I just don't want it to be disorganized.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users