Photo

Issues/Questions/Concerns/Safety Traveling to Mexico? POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 Realcdngirl

Realcdngirl
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

We've been to our resort twice already and the locals have been fantastic! We have never had a problem at all and we've gone into town several times and travelled to Cozumel via ferry and rented a car.

#82 Krs398

Krs398
    • 166 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Does anyone have positive feedback from their trip to Puerto Vallarta?  Did you feel you or your guests weren't able to fully enjoy themselves? Or once you got there did you 'forget' about the travel warnings?  Looking for some feedback from the last few months.  

#83 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

Insiders

• Insiders
      • 185 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

I found this great blog regarding travel in Mexico... it really covers the safety questions! Happy Travels everyone! TA Wendy

Mexico Maligned

by Terry Denton

THE MEDIA'S MYOPIA If you look up myopia in thefreedictionary.com you will find it defined as " . . .a visual defect in which distant objects appear blurred because their images are focused in front of the retina rather than on … Continue reading →

Read more of this post

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
        AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
        Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#84 somethingblue77

somethingblue77
        • 30 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

When we announced our wedding will be in the Mayan Riveria, some of our friends raised safety concerns. I have a feeling that some of our friends may not come due to the negative assumptions of Mexico.

Have any of you experienced the same reactions from your family and friends when you told them your wedding will be held in Mexico?

#85 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
          • 955 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

It's unfortunate how many people are misinformed when it come to safety in Mexico, especially the tourist areas were most of us have our weddings.  I think some people just look fopr an excuse not to go and the violence in Mexico is an easy cop out.

Fortunately I didn't have this problem with any of my guests.  My Fi and I have been to Mexico twice in the past 4 years and our friends and family trust our judgment and know that we wouldn't put them in harms way. Those who may have been skeptics did some research and have relieved their own concerns.  I think the best thing that you can do is try to educate your guests and direct them to current safety advisories for the country. 

Best of Luck.

#86 mikeiram

mikeiram
            • Site Supporter
            • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Thank you for this thread. My family is driving me crazy over the safety in Mexico. We are from New Orleans. It was once named the murder capital of the world. I have had a couple of people back out due to fear. Oh we'll ! Once less OOT Bag to bring.

#87 mikeiram

mikeiram
              • Site Supporter
              • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Thank you for this thread. My family is driving me crazy over the safety in Mexico. We are from New Orleans. It was once named the murder capital of the world. I have had a couple of people back out due to fear. Oh we'll ! Once less OOT Bag to bring.

#88 mikeiram

mikeiram
                • Site Supporter
                • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

#89 mikeiram

mikeiram
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

#90 LoriGran

LoriGran
                    • 339 posts
                    • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
                    • LocationMexico

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Thank you for sharing!! A few family members have "joked" about not going because it's not safe! I will definitely pass this along so they can read!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users