Jump to content
beachbride2009

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

Recommended Posts

Thought I would fill in my fellow Cdn brides with some info.

 

1) Last night at Costco I purchased a product called: Health Balance: Diarrhea Relief. I read the ingredients and compared it to Immodium, which was also there. Same ingredients. It was 9.99 for 84 caplets. Inside the box were 14 packets containing 6 tablets each....I will include the ingredients + directions in the bag with each packet. I love it....and no shipping from the US. 

2) I just went through my flyers and spotted some good deals. Here they are: Giant Tiger: has an item called a "water wallet". They come in different colours, appear to be a hard plastic case, have a seal/lock sort of thing and come on a lanyard thingy. They are on sale for $3.97. They also have some casual ladies sandals on sale. They look like a cork flip flop - for $5.

3) Jysk has an item called "moon lanterns" on sale. They hold a tea light/candle in the inside and are surrounded by glass. I already bought these and they are fabulous. They come in about 4 colours (I bought yellow). I'd say they stand about 8 or 9 inches tall. On sale for $3.99.

4) A liquidation type of place called : Smart Deals Canada has pashmina's listed for $5..and it says compare at $34.95??? The picture looks good. Think I'll check it out.

That's my update for now! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the same stuff from Costco instead of Imodium!  Definitely a way better cost effective way of getting the "Diarrhea Relief" meds in your OOT bags.  I just typed up the instructions, recommended dose etc and printed them on regular mailing labels - then I stuck those on a little "meds instructions" card in my first aid kits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those brides looking for cheap flip flops for their OOT bags, just a reminder that Old Navy is having their annual $1 flip flop sale this Saturday! Its on in both Canada and the US!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


fantastic tip! and to KCB with the mailing labels, what would I do without you ladies??
 

Originally Posted by Lasallebabe View Post

Thought I would fill in my fellow Cdn brides with some info.

 

1) Last night at Costco I purchased a product called: Health Balance: Diarrhea Relief. I read the ingredients and compared it to Immodium, which was also there. Same ingredients. It was 9.99 for 84 caplets. Inside the box were 14 packets containing 6 tablets each....I will include the ingredients + directions in the bag with each packet. I love it....and no shipping from the US. 

2) I just went through my flyers and spotted some good deals. Here they are: Giant Tiger: has an item called a "water wallet". They come in different colours, appear to be a hard plastic case, have a seal/lock sort of thing and come on a lanyard thingy. They are on sale for $3.97. They also have some casual ladies sandals on sale. They look like a cork flip flop - for $5.

3) Jysk has an item called "moon lanterns" on sale. They hold a tea light/candle in the inside and are surrounded by glass. I already bought these and they are fabulous. They come in about 4 colours (I bought yellow). I'd say they stand about 8 or 9 inches tall. On sale for $3.99.

4) A liquidation type of place called : Smart Deals Canada has pashmina's listed for $5..and it says compare at $34.95??? The picture looks good. Think I'll check it out.

That's my update for now! LOL



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I logged on here....to ask just that question! Thank you!



 

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

For those brides looking for cheap flip flops for their OOT bags, just a reminder that Old Navy is having their annual $1 flip flop sale this Saturday! Its on in both Canada and the US!  



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies,

 

Just wanted to let you all know, if anyone is looking for tumblers there is an amazing deal on at Walmart in the seasonal section. 4 tumblers for $1.50. You can then purchase sitckers to customize them as you please. Ps. www.weddingstar.com has some amazing stickers that can all be personalized.

The tumblers come in 4 different colors: Red, Green, Yellow, and Turquoise! They are an amazing deal! We bought 12 packages (48 tumblers) for $18 + tax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case you are looking for some travel sized games that aren't regular playing cards, Superstore often has card games on sale for under $3.00 (e.g., Mad Gab, Monopoly Deal, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble Slam, etc).  I've bought a few of these for myself, and next time I see them on sale I will be picking them up for my OOT bags (since I have a lot of family and friends who love playing games). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Can you take a pic and show us?? I'd love to see them
 

Originally Posted by sbelland View Post

Hey Ladies,

 

Just wanted to let you all know, if anyone is looking for tumblers there is an amazing deal on at Walmart in the seasonal section. 4 tumblers for $1.50. You can then purchase sitckers to customize them as you please. Ps. www.weddingstar.com has some amazing stickers that can all be personalized.

The tumblers come in 4 different colors: Red, Green, Yellow, and Turquoise! They are an amazing deal! We bought 12 packages (48 tumblers) for $18 + tax.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×