Photo

What day of the week are you getting married in Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 wahmsuzanne

wahmsuzanne
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylersgirl
    I am getting married on a saturday and I am having a symbolic wedding and my WC said that I only had to be there two full business days before....
    Symbolic ... meaning not a legal marriage right? Are you getting married at home before you go?

#32 nicole.gia

nicole.gia
    • 318 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

We chose a Monday since it gave us some extra perks. We also figured people could fly in Friday or Saturday and still have a nice long weekend.

#33 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
      • 247 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by iceapple
        I was surprised to learn that I have to arrive 3 days prior for Symbolic wedding!! What's up with that? I want to have the ceremony early so we could have the rest of the week to relax.
        I dont think this correct.. at least not what was told by my TA (2 days). We are arriving on Tues and the wedding is on Saturday. We want some alone time before our guest came, since many plan on staying 1k (thurs -thurs).

#34 Maya28

Maya28
        • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:35 PM

We're getting married on Friday. Saturday was our first choice but it was booked so we changed our date to Friday.

#35 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
          • 4,512 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

Thursday!!!! As with some of the others on here, we have to be there 3 business days and I didn't want it on the Friday when we were leaving the Saturday.
            *Formerly Nikki07*
            My Planning Thread

#36 tbriley22

tbriley22
            • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

We are getting married on Monday because most of our guests will be arriving on Fri/Sat/Sun so that way we could just do all the wedding stuff at the front of the week and give them time (and us too) to do whatever they'd like on their vacation time.

#37 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:05 PM

Our date was a Thursday...luck of the draw! :)

#38 Jaime2180

Jaime2180
                • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

We are getting married on Saturday, but over Memorial Day weekend so our guests will have enough time to relax and not take too much vacation time.

When I was in contact with the Wedding Coordinator she infomed me that if you want a legal wedding it can't be on Sunday.

#39 BN Fotografia

BN Fotografia
                  • 217 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

It seems like Saturdays are popular days to get married in Mexico for both local and foreign brides. Saturday, and especially Sunday, are the busiest days at most beaches... so if you don't mind crowds of people, then weekend weddings are ok. A mid-week wedding would definitely result a more private event. Please note, there are often wall-to-wall people at the beach on State and National holidays.

#40 niujess

niujess
                    • 167 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:20 PM

We are having a Friday wedding as well. We want to be able to hang out with our guests for a couple days and then let them choose to either leave Saturday or Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users