• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

deefalvey - my FI is the SAME way about his shoes -im all for nice flop flops but he wants his suit and dress shoes

#22 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be
      Our resort offers a mexican cocktail party complete with a live donkey with a sombrero, whom also carries ice cold beer in it's saddle().
      From day one he has said absolutely not. I think it would definitely be a surprise for guests and make for some good photos, but I'm alright with letting him have this one thing!!!
      haha i LOVE the donkey - that is great

#23 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
      • 1,236 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

My FI doesnt want a TTD :-( Granted, we really can't afford it now and I am just happy we were able to afford a Photographer that wasn't the resorts (Cecilia Dumas! :-) But I think a TTD would have been really awsome.
        I can certainly live without it though!! :-)
        Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
        My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#24 DGG

DGG
        • 275 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

My FI is the same way about the shoes. I would be fine with the guys in flip flops but he is set on all of the men wearing real shoes..
          Otherwise he is pretty laid back and will go along with whatever I want..

JHarwood2B - That donkey idea is great :) If that was an option at our resort, I guarantee you my FI would be making us have that..

#25 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:33 PM

yeah my fiance is the same way about the shoes ... there's NO WAY he will let sand touch his feet. he's going to be in dress shoes. good thing we're in a gazebo and not on the beach! (actually, this is part of the reason we chose dreams cancun ... he's *that* adamant about not touching sand, LOL!)

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be
            Our resort offers a mexican cocktail party complete with a live donkey with a sombrero, whom also carries ice cold beer in it's saddle().
            From day one he has said absolutely not. I think it would definitely be a surprise for guests and make for some good photos, but I'm alright with letting him have this one thing!!!
            oh we would SO be having the donkey ... that rocks so hard! you have to work him a little harder on this point!

#26 Virg

Virg
            • 684 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

What is it with FIs and shoes?!?!?! Mine is agreeable on wearing flip flops, but when we went to get pick up the BM dresses, he decided to haggle the sales lady because "he always wanted to own a paif of tuxedo shoes" ?
              So he managed to buy the pair they normally rent!!
              He got a great deal though, 20$ !! Costs more to rent the damn things!!!

Side note: He has yet to wear them... lol
              Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
              Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#27 Sloan

Sloan
              • 1,279 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:59 PM

K, why is the shoe thing a common thread?? Are they all completely cracked?? Mine is getting weird about the "type" of sandal he's going to wear. He keeps picking ugly Jesus looking sandals.

He's put his foot down or rejected any idea I've had for our Buck & Doe (which is Saturday - YAY) He says that because Im from a city, we dont know how to do a proper Buck & Doe, like country folk do. WTF? So I gave up on planning it a long time ago. He planned the Buck & Doe, and I planned our wedding. Fair enough I guess. Hehe

#28 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,569 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:13 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jharwood2be
                  our resort offers a mexican cocktail party complete with a live donkey with a sombrero, whom also carries ice cold beer in it's saddle().
                  From day one he has said absolutely not. I think it would definitely be a surprise for guests and make for some good photos, but i'm alright with letting him have this one thing!!!

i vote on the donkey!!!!! Donkey!!!! Donkey!!!!!!!!

#29 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

My DH was so great about everything. He wanted to pick out his suit but I got to go and help. The only thing he flipped out about was...

His Mom called to let us know that his Grandmother wanted to wear a white dress with flowers on it. I didn't care if she wore white and I said that was fine. Well, when DH found out he FLIPPED out. He called his Grandma and went on and on and on about how you don't wear white to someone elses wedding and how the bride should be the only one! I felt kinda bad, I didn't want his family to think that he went off because I said something. I did think it was super cute though.

#30 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 5,369 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:53 PM

JHarwood2Be- Azul Beach also offers the donkey for the cocktail party ....we entertained the idea for a second but my mom put her foot down on that one! I love how they tell u the donkey will wear a sombrero! I wonder how many people go for the donkey!

Boys and their shoes - so interesting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users