Help! Parasols or Bouquets

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 estella1007

• 475 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:14 AM

I am getting mixed feedback on the parasol idea. I think it's cute, and such a huge money saver. My problem is that I asked my friend what he thought, and he said it looks too "southern." What are your thoughts?

#2 aimee!

• 696 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:34 AM

personally, i love them. you can find cute ones that don't look anything like the southern belle
      Click the image to open in full size.

but seriously, i say go for it! they are so cute. i especially love the monogrammed ones.
      Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#3 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:27 AM

I just randomly came across this image while looking at centerpieces

Click the image to open in full size.

looks good to me! I say do whatever your gut is telling you to :)

#4 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:36 AM

you do whatever you want...it's ur day...i think the parasols are totally cool and not too southern...and this is coming from a new york girl!!

#5 Bridget810

• 168 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:25 AM

I think as long as you get beach-y parasols (as in, non-frilly parasols) it doesn't look southern at all. Of course, I'm biased because I'm using parasols! Did your friend actually see pictures of bridesmaids carrying parasols? Because when I first heard about it, I though it sounded silly too, until I saw some pics. Also, when I realized that I was going to save $500 by using parasols, I was definitely on board!

#6 Tracy_S

• 268 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:38 PM

I personally will be using both.. the girls will have small bouquets for walking down the aisle and the ceremony.. then we are going to be using the parasols for most pictures as well as the bouquets. We are just using the paper type as well and I have received them already and they are going to make some great shots.. so I personally recommend them!!

#7 estella1007

• 475 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

Ok, so here's the deal. These are the girls' dresses.Jasmine Bridal
                in the Bahama Breeze color.
                My color scheme is aqua, chartreuse, and brown. I will either be going with this parasol...
                Chartreuse Green and White Swirl 33 Inch Rice Paper Parasol - CUGR
                or this one...
                Bamboo and Birds 33 Inch Rice Paper Parasol - CU37
                Or I will do bouquets like this...
                What do you like better?
                Parasols will save some money, but I only have 3 bridesmaids, so it's not really that much of a concern.

#8 D&ESept2009

• 317 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:15 PM

I like the Bamboo and Birds. It pulls your color scheme together very well.

#9 beachbride08

• VIP Member
                  • 2,372 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:27 PM

We used the parasols just for pictures, and then my BMs just carried small bouquets for the ceremony. It was also overcast on our wedding day so it wasn't like they needed them to shade the sun. I gave them the option to carry them, but they didn't want to.

#10 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:39 PM

I LOVE the parasol idea....then again I am southern, haha. I think it looks really cute and it is a fresh new idea from the same old, same old, flowers =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users