Photo

Just curious, what are your "unpacking" habits when you're on vacation?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

Joe and I both completely unpack! We always have wipes cause we have a kid, so we wipe everything down and unpack. It gets so messy a cluttered trying to get everything out of our bags. its much more relaxing with a clean neat area and everything has a place. you'll find more germs on a dollar bill then a drawer probably cleaned by housekeeping, and we wipe them down anyway

#12 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
    • 274 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:38 AM

I live out of the suitcase. Not so much for germ reasons, more so to insure myself that I won't leave anything when we depart. If its in the vacinity of my luggage or in the bathroom, I will see it to make sure it gets back into the luggage. I tried doing the unpack thing once and it felt way too foreign.

#13 heather007

heather007
      • 620 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:19 AM

I explode out of my suitcase. Literally. I always cram everything into my suitcase, then instead of "neatly" looking for things, I go at it like a madwomen and clothes pile out of my suitcase and all around it. I attempt to keep clean and dirty seperate, by putting dirty in a pile beside it, but then the clean clothes creep onto them. By the time that I get around to attempt to sort things out, things are so wrinkly, it's a mess.

Haha, good thing for laundry service at while on trips.

~~

#14 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for all of your responses! Its been fun reading about everyone's habits & I definitely have to share these results with DH cuz he sure had me thinking I was crazy & in the minority! He was soooo WRONG! LOL

#15 LisaG

LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

This is a fun and interesting thread.

My DH and I both unpack everything and move completely in, regardless if we will be there 1 or 10 nights. The minute we get in the room, we fight over the good drawers, closet space and bathroom space. I think it's funny that we are both the same... We put our suitcases in the corner somewhere and throw all the dirty clothes in it.

#16 Amarillis

Amarillis
            • 1,913 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:15 PM

Yep... I agree with some of the previous posts...

>3 days - suitcase
              <4 days - unpack

And I ALWAYS hang stuff in the closet, business suits, dresses etc.

#17 beachbride08

beachbride08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

I try to pack things that are low maintenance and don't wrinkle too easy and can just leave it folded in the suitcase. If I do have to bring something that needs to be ironed, etc. I'll hang it immediately.
                Michelle

#18 ipodgirl

ipodgirl
                • 49 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

I always hang my dresses & shirts up, but I may or may not unpack the rest depending on the length of the trip and what class the hotel is.

If it is a shorter trip, I also live out of my suitcase. For longer trips, I would unpack things.

My husband used to unpack everything and would make me do that too. But somehow over the years he started to be ok living out of the suitcase too.
                  :: 8.8.08 Le Meridien Cancun ::
                  http://i463.photobuc..../sergio_33.jpg
                  picture by Sergio the photographer

#19 heather007

heather007
                  • 620 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that I do hang up dresses and skirts. Plus, I always have an ironing board nearby.

~~

#20 Virg

Virg
                    • 684 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

Again, it depends on the the length of the stay, we are in our resort fro 2 weeks, I will Def. be unpacking and putting things away!
                      Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                      Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users