Photo

What wedding anniversary date are you using??

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

We are using our legal day because it represents our first date ever.

#22 FutureMrs.S

FutureMrs.S
    • 87 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

My fiance and I are having our religious ceremony in May (only close family) and our big Cabo wedding in August. Since we're Jewish and will be signing our ketubah at our religious ceremony we'll be celebrating our anniversary on that day.
      12 FLIGHTS BOOKED
      40 GUESTS BOOKED!

#23 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
      • Banned
      • 3,639 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:23 PM

Since yours is so far apart I would use the legal one. My fiance and I were talking about this the other day. If we decided to get married at home first and then do the DW or DW would be our anniversary date.

#24 Ayita

Ayita
        • 861 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

We got married legally in February. We are going to use that date as our anniversary, as, even if it was only a small thing, it still meant something for us, it's the first wedding date, and also, it was 2 days after Valentine day and it will be easier for DH to remember.

#25 JOSIE

JOSIE
          • 1,792 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:49 PM

I just found this thread and was trying to figure this out as well. We'll have a big gap, doing the legal this july and ceremony in November. We're leaning towards the NOV. being our anniversary, but I like the thought the july date, because its warmer here and there is so much more to do on your anniversary when its nice out!!

sooooo, I've concluded that we should do both :) wonder how the FI will feel about that hehe

#26 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

our Mexico ceremony for sure - we won't consider the legal day anything more than paperwork

#27 jmb0902

jmb0902
              • 496 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:20 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JOSIE
                I just found this thread and was trying to figure this out as well. We'll have a big gap, doing the legal this july and ceremony in November. We're leaning towards the NOV. being our anniversary, but I like the thought the july date, because its warmer here and there is so much more to do on your anniversary when its nice out!!

sooooo, I've concluded that we should do both :) wonder how the FI will feel about that hehe
                Haha I think we're going to do this too... I think our legal day will feel like "our day" and more special... while the Mexico day will be our anniversary to everyone else! Sounds perfect (and a little crazy) to me, haha

#28 eloping789

eloping789
                • 290 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

We're using our ceremony date also - it's about a month after the legal date.

#29 EDSROSA

EDSROSA
                  • 510 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

I have a question for all of you doing a legal ceremony before your DW, is the resort you are doing your wedding at pushing you guys to have a judge present?

#30 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
                    • 247 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

We will legally be married here in states 1 yr before the actual wedidng in Mexico. So, for us, its the same date!.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users