Photo

Gifts

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 jamaica2009bride

jamaica2009bride
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

We are taking our groomsmen (actually now our only groomsMAN haha) on an excursion, probably the zipline or river rafting tour, and we bought his wedding attire.

#12 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

we're paying for either an excursion or spa experience for everyone in the wedding party. i think experiences and memories are sometimes worth more than a gift, ya know?

we're also probably buying the guys' shirts and the girls' jewelry, if i can ever figure that stuff out, LOL!

#13 SAM

SAM
      • 542 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:10 PM

I have left this up to my FI but he is getting his BM a flask with a bottle of something.

#14 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,369 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:19 PM

I think we may do aviator sunglasses...but not sure yet. It really is so much easier for the ladies!

#15 drtracy

drtracy
          • 436 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

I just found this website and thought it might be useful for people still looking for GM gifts.
            Groomsmen Gifts | Best man Gifts | Quality Groomsman Gifts

I've never used it so I can't speak to the service but they have a cool option for sports fans. You can get a personalized, signed photo of favorite players. You just give them the first name, choose one of 3 sayings and they digitally autograph it.

Just thought is sounded kinda neat.

#16 handbagscentral

handbagscentral
            • Vendor
            • 41 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jill
              Does anyone have any ideas on what to get your groomsmen for gifts??
              I have been given a few things from being in different parties, watches, flasks, mp3 players, etc. The problem is usually I have something better than what the gift is, so I never use it. The only thing I really got any use out of was cufflinks. A nice pair of cufflinks that they can all wear on the wedding day if they are dressed formal, and then use afterwards. You can do the engraved initials with that if you want to personalize them.

#17 handbagscentral

handbagscentral
              • Vendor
              • 41 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by yoAzul
                I think we may do aviator sunglasses...but not sure yet. It really is so much easier for the ladies!
                Now thats not a bad idea. You usually have all the guys wearing shades standing outside, at least now they can all look neat having the same ones on.

#18 jjurick

jjurick
                • 45 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

We bought their outfits and Oakley sunglasses! For my MOH I bought her dress and a Coach handbag!

#19 boven

boven
                  • 193 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

As a groomsman, I've received moneyclips, pocketwatches and bbq sets, but I thought the best idea was sports memorabilia that reminded the groom of me. He gave a piece of memorabilia to all of his groomsmen specific to their favorite team. He also told a story behind what made him think of giving us that piece of memorabilia. The personalized touch really stood out.

#20 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
                    • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

Since the guys are taking care of thier own attire and the travel for themselves, we are getting them nice watches - my FI is a watch-guy so it is fitting from him and great for the guys.

The girls were easier becuase I'm covering the cost of thier dresses, jewelery, shoes and the spa (hair and nails) the day of the wedding. So, I am not getting them a "gift" per se, but covering all expenses except travel.
                      Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users