Photo

WANTED: Mantilla veil or a plain ivory cathedral length veil

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 estella1007

estella1007
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

I am not sure if I even want to wear a veil yet, but I want to have one just in case. I would hate to buy a new one if it ends up that I don't use it. I don't want to spend more than $50. Thanks!

#2 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:46 PM

Try this ebay seller

eBay Store - Veils by Leslie V: 2 Tier Wedding Veils, 1 Tier Wedding Veils, Elbow Veils

Her veils are quality and a great price. She made me a custom cathedral veil with extra width for $50 including shipping. Just make sure to specify creamy ivory vs. dark ivory!!

#3 pugmomjenn

pugmomjenn
      • Banned
      • 138 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

Why do veils have to cost so much?? And why did I buy mine from the dress shop before I realized how much less I could get one for online? Hope you find what you are looking for.

#4 seaprincess

seaprincess
        • 753 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:51 PM

Another option is to make your own veil....I made my mantilla and it was super easy! An oval piece of tulle, and lace of your choice. I hand stitched the lace around the parametre of the tulle and attatched a comb. It came out looking as good as any of the ones I found in the bridal stores. The lace cost me about $50 because I chose one with beading etc. You need about 2m of lace for a veil that is about elbow length.
          Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#5 seaprincess

seaprincess
          • 753 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

double post
            Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#6 estella1007

estella1007
            • 475 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

Thank you all for the tips! I will see what I come up with. I know it sounds awful, but I am a fashion design student and should totally be able to make a veil no problem. But I am working on creating my collection right now, and I just don't have it in me to make ONE more thing. I am hating the sewing machine at the moment. I think I may check out ebay.

#7 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:43 AM

I also made my own cathedral veil it was plain and it took us about 40 minutes to do and around $10.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#8 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
                • 5,681 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

I ordered my mantilla from Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#9 DWbride09

DWbride09
                  • 171 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

I got my veil from the pampered bride on ebay. Came in as prefect. Here's the link (hope it works)...

Lace mantilla bridal wedding veil headpiece 49x49 IVORY - (eBay.ca item 310120181976 end time 04-Mar-09 16:52:23 EST)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users