Photo

New dress or keep the one I have

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 cantwait2718

cantwait2718
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

So I bought a dress with my mom in November. Got it for a steal. It's very pretty but I have never been "in love" with it. Well I went shopping with my bridesmaids and found a dress I LOVE but it's about $500 more than the other one was. Plus I would have to sell the one I have. It has made 2 of the BM cry bc they say it's so pretty. I have read the what I would and wouldn't do again thread and have seen that it's kinda split on splurging on the dress. So what do I do?? So confused.

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

Honestly, I think the dress is very important. I super splurged in mine and I wouldn't change a thing. It was worth every penny. I would look into selling your first one. If you can't afford to buy too, post your original dress for sale and give yourself until July to sell it (or smething liket hat), if it sells, then yippppy, but your dream dress! If it doesn't and you can live with it, then keep the dress that you have.

Although, if it were me, I would do whatever I could to get THE dress. Even if it meant going over budget and having 2 dresses.

#3 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,513 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

I was in your same exact situation and I went for it. Best Decision I could've made!! I was SO in love with the 2nd dress I found and wore it for our wedding - I think you should do what you truly truly want to do - you won't regret it!

#4 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
        • 1,681 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

I agree with the other girls. The dress is so important. I have bought 3 wedding dresses and I have finally found the "perfect" one. I would buy the one that makes you feel perfect =)

#5 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

I agree w/ the other girls. You don't want to get into your dress on your wedding day and look at yourself in the mirror and wish you had the other dress! I just gave in and bought my 2nd dress, my dream dress. And, I'm SO glad i did!

#6 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
            • 1,572 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

I feel your pain.. I went through this a few months ago and ended up buying the second dress! http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32852

I'd try on the 1st dress again and see if you really do like it (and were just temporarily swayed by the 2nd dress) and if you can't imagine yourself getting married in the first dress.... go for the 2nd! It has been a pain in the butt selling my first dress though...

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

I went for the second dress too. I took a loss on the first one after re-selling it, but at least I got the dress I really wanted!! One of the most important things to most brides is the dress - I don't think it's something you should skimp on. If you find a dress that you absolutley love, then go for it!!

#8 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

But don't keep looking after you get this one!!

#9 lgarner83

lgarner83
                  • 530 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
                    I feel your pain.. I went through this a few months ago and ended up buying the second dress! http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32852

I'd try on the 1st dress again and see if you really do like it (and were just temporarily swayed by the 2nd dress) and if you can't imagine yourself getting married in the first dress.... go for the 2nd! It has been a pain in the butt selling my first dress though...
                    I agree. I ordered my dress a while back and it's hard when you see pics of so many other beautiful dresses to not be sucked in by another one. I was having second thoughts about my dress until I tried it on again in the store with my veil on and I started crying! So, try the first one on again before you truly make your decision! But if you feel like a princess in the 2nd dress then 100% go for it with no regrets. You only will have this day once!

#10 binzer

binzer
                    • 230 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:17 PM

Of course the most important thing is what dress you like the most, but do you have pictures of the dresses? I can't help but be curious!

I feel like I'm pretty unhappy with my dress, especially b/c I see so many beautiful new ones every day, but everyone who has seen it loved it, and I know I loved it when I tried it on, so I'm just avoiding going to try anything on. It's definitely not an easy situation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users