• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:27 AM

did anyone wear or see pics of a bride wearing BOTH a veil and hair flower(s)? please post pics or links to examples if you have them ... i'm trying to figure out if it's possible without looking like way too much stuff on your head, LOL!

#2 Island Princess

Island Princess
    • 284 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:18 AM

I love the whole hair flower and veil option. And you can always take your veil off for the reception if you wanted.
      Here are some pics from my hair trial.

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,328 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:44 AM

i had both. but my veil was really low on my head so the flower went on beneath and to the left of my right ear.

#4 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

Here's a backside pic of me at the salon. I wore both and loved it!

"Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#5 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

I just got back from my wedding and did a veil and hair flower. I loved it!!! Never felt more beautiful in my life so I say go for it :). You can sorta see the veil in my siggy pic but it's off to the side because of wind.

#6 misskaytee

misskaytee
            • 154 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

I'm worried about wearing a veil with windy conditions- I am dead set on a veil- but will it be super windy? I'm thinking Jamaica, but overall are beaches windy because the wind coming off of the water?!?
              http://www.weddingco...r/6q70cliba.png

Our Website (updates on our wedding, the house we just bought, and more!) http://www.freewebs.com/kayteeandcj/
              Wedding Website:http://weddings.thek....rd=&MsdVisit=1

#7 Banana11

Banana11
              • VIP Member
              • 8,841 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:22 PM

We had a pretty windy day in Jamaica and my veil did blow to the side but not in my face. I actually think the pictures look great with the veil blowing the breeze! Jamaica is usually somewhat breezy but if I have learned anything from this experience expect the unexpected when it comes to everything on your wedding day and just go with it.

#8 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
                • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:46 PM

I wore my veil and flowers and loved every second of it. I actually didn't even bother to go with the comb I bought for my dress the day of the wedding because I decided that morning I wanted flowers instead. I too was married in Jamaica.. considering the fact that I had a hurricane on the day of the wedding... my veil in the wind.. the pictures OMG loved them because of it. You can see in my siggy my hair.. plus my thread of the pro pics.. will give you more of an idea... but remember you prob won't have a wind like mine... LOL

#9 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

thanks so much ladies! you ALL look beautiful, and certainly NONE of you look like you have a massive amount of stuff on your head, LOL! island princess, your hairstyle and placement of the veil is most similar to what i'm thinking of doing, so your pics were especially helpful!

the only thing is, it seems like everyone who wears BOTH uses a white/ivory flower, so i'm thinking its the fact that everything on your head is the same color that makes it blend more.

what i have are dark red silk orchids ... hmm ...

#10 teacherbride

teacherbride
                    • 354 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

I think it will be beautiful with your dark hair and the red flowers! I was worried about the wind and the veil too. We ended up tucking the veil into the back of my dress for some of the photos but you couldn't tell and it just kept it under control a little better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users