My $70 (plus $70 shipping) wedding dress is here!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 laura b

laura b
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

So, I finally got my eBay dress.
    It is...interesting.
    I really like the cut. It is very flattering and the neckline is more plunging than it is on the model, which I really like. It fits pretty well, I'll probably only need to take it in at the sides and shorten it a little (unless I decide to wear heels).
    I ordered it in ivory, and the ivory is a little darker than I thought it would be and thus doesn't really match the blush pink tulle underneath, so I might have the tulle taken out and replaced with a different color. It is not taffeta like they said, but a heavier satin.
    All in all, it ended up being a pretty good deal. With those alterations, it'll be a fine dress.
    I'll take pictures with me in it when my son gets home from school (he's in third grade, but very handy with a camera).

#2 tvt

• VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:42 PM

Can't wait to see it!!

#3 BayBug

• 852 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

I am very excited to see the dress.

#4 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

Yay!! Except... you don't sound overly impressed with it. When you post pictures that your son took, post the picture from the website again so we can see the difference.
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#5 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:45 PM

I am excited to see. I have heard about the ebay dresses. is it one that is made to match your meaurements.

side bar did you catch your dog in an intimate moment or do I need to get my glasses?

#6 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:47 PM

I'm glad the dress came out okay. I am dying to see what it looks like. Is your son home yet? Hehe can you tell I'm pushy?

#7 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

I agree, do you not like it? You don't really sound like your happy with the purchase

#8 Shelley

• 169 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:49 PM

Laura, wow that's a good deal! But you don't sound too happy with it. Was it just not what you were expecting in terms of the "wow" factor or something? I strongly believe every girl should LOVE her dress. Maybe I'm just reading more into your message - hard to tell emotions on computers sometimes

#9 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:57 PM

can't wait to see it!!!

#10 laura b

laura b
                    • 334 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:58 PM

I guess I don't sound that excited because I have yet to get excited about wedding dresses altogether. Even when I went to the different stores around Austin, the prices (I am a serious Frugal Bride) and the fanciness of it all just kinda put me off. If I had a better figure, I'd buy a super simple something like Lisa (LRYates) got, but I tried that dress on and it did nothing for me.

I AM excited about it being way cheap.
                      I AM excited about the cut...very flattering.

And I know if anyone can get me excited about this dress, it's you guys on this forum. Maybe that's why I'm talking about it.
                      Will post pics tonight.

And LadyP, no, the dogs are not being romantic, just lazybones. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users