Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#5351 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
  • Jr. Member
  • 227 posts

    Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

    @Kittyinheels - I know EXACTLY what you are saying... I haven't had my dress at the seamstress yet (this wednesday!), But, just by looking at my dress and the materials and the "boning" - I don't feel that it is of very high quality - Especially for the amount that I paid... I was expecting something a little more...  That being said - my wedding is also in January, so there are few options left - So, this is MY dress - And I am just going to have to make the best of it!!  Trying to stay positive - But, at this point - like you - I wouldn't be recommending Jasmine's to a friend.

     

    Anyways - On the brighter side - I will have photos for everyone of me in my dress on Wednesday!!  Wish me luck!



    #5352 brownskingirl

    brownskingirl
    • Newbie
    • 131 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Tobago - Pigeon Point beach
    • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

    Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

    Originally Posted by MissJali 

    Brown skin, what style number is the first one?? Is it pronovias bc i just fell in love with that dress. I love pronovias dresses. I am in love with pronovias devora also

    that first one is the one i decided on going with but since jasminsbridalshop messed up kittyinheels' gown i think i might go with lace  "essence bridal gown D1158 or D1209". the style of that dress is maggie sottero's perrie-marie,, im so much in love with it!!!



    #5353 brownskingirl

    brownskingirl
    • Newbie
    • 131 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Tobago - Pigeon Point beach
    • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

    Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

    Originally Posted by Donna Hewitt 

    @Kittyinheels - I know EXACTLY what you are saying... I haven't had my dress at the seamstress yet (this wednesday!), But, just by looking at my dress and the materials and the "boning" - I don't feel that it is of very high quality - Especially for the amount that I paid... I was expecting something a little more...  That being said - my wedding is also in January, so there are few options left - So, this is MY dress - And I am just going to have to make the best of it!!  Trying to stay positive - But, at this point - like you - I wouldn't be recommending Jasmine's to a friend.

     

    Anyways - On the brighter side - I will have photos for everyone of me in my dress on Wednesday!!  Wish me luck!

    hey donna i really hope all goes well girl!  now im nervous cause i honestly cant afford the real designer gown,, and jasmines was my only hope.. oh dear,, what should i do?? :(



    #5354 brownskingirl

    brownskingirl
    • Newbie
    • 131 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Tobago - Pigeon Point beach
    • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

    Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

    Originally Posted by KittyInHeels 

    Thanks girls. My wedding is in mid Jan, so I won't have time to make another dress. I am okay with the dress, it does look like what I asked for. I think with all the other accessories (veil, hair accessory, jewellery, flowers, etc), people won't notice small errors. So I will wear this dress. But if I were to make another dress for another occasion, or if my friend was to get a wedding dress, I won't go with or recommend Jasmine's.

     

    Kittyinheels

    :(   what do i do??? where would i get my dress?? OMG i think im turning into BRIDE ZILLA!! :-(           PANIC!!!



    #5355 uhura526

    uhura526
    • Jr. Member
    • 330 posts

      Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

      Originally Posted by brownskingirl 

      :(   what do i do??? where would i get my dress?? OMG i think im turning into BRIDE ZILLA!! :-(           PANIC!!!

       Your wedding is a long time down the line and honestly, you have enough time to save for a dress at this point to be purchased directly from a bridal salon. The possibility of a dress ordered online via a replica dressmaker site not meeting your expectations 100 percent is obviously going to be higher because you are not getting the original from the original designer. If that is a risk you are not comfortable taking, definitely don't and just get a dress you can afford via a bridal salon. 



      #5356 misschia

      misschia
      • Newbie
      • 72 posts

        Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

        Originally Posted by KittyInHeels 

        Thanks girls. My wedding is in mid Jan, so I won't have time to make another dress. I am okay with the dress, it does look like what I asked for. I think with all the other accessories (veil, hair accessory, jewellery, flowers, etc), people won't notice small errors. So I will wear this dress. But if I were to make another dress for another occasion, or if my friend was to get a wedding dress, I won't go with or recommend Jasmine's.

         

        Kittyinheels

         

        best of luck! <3



        #5357 Ortali20042

        Ortali20042
        • Newbie
        • 4 posts

          Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

          Hi girls,

          I'm reading this blog for days and I want to thank all of you for the tips,

          I didn't think buying a dress on-line can be so complicated, but I was wrong...

          I'm a student and really don't have a lot of money to spend on a dress which I'll wear only for a few hours,

          so I'm looking for a good seller on Ebay,

          I think I should buy the dress on Ebay because I checked on Dhgate and almost all sellers charge for shipping, and on Ebay it's cheaper.

          Please tell me what you think, any recommendation will be bless... 



          #5358 MissJali

          MissJali
          • Member
          • 935 posts

            Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

            Originally Posted by brownskingirl 

            that first one is the one i decided on going with but since jasminsbridalshop messed up kittyinheels' gown i think i might go with lace  "essence bridal gown D1158 or D1209". the style of that dress is maggie sottero's perrie-marie,, im so much in love with it!!!

            I loooove it also. I'm also in love with this one...Pronovias Devora...almost similar, same slinky light material it seems



            #5359 brownskingirl

            brownskingirl
            • Newbie
            • 131 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Tobago - Pigeon Point beach
            • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

            Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

            Originally Posted by uhura526 

             Your wedding is a long time down the line and honestly, you have enough time to save for a dress at this point to be purchased directly from a bridal salon. The possibility of a dress ordered online via a replica dressmaker site not meeting your expectations 100 percent is obviously going to be higher because you are not getting the original from the original designer. If that is a risk you are not comfortable taking, definitely don't and just get a dress you can afford via a bridal salon. 

            @uhura526 i live in Trinidad and tobago those original dresses cost thousands of dollars in my currency for example the perri marie by maggie sottero cost 8500 and we cant just walk into a bridal shop and try these dresses on cause they dont have any in stock they sell strictly by ordering, you go to the shop pick out a dress from a catalog and they order it for you for almost twice the amount, they even have an option to have the dress made via a republica dressmaker at a cheaper cost but they wont say who is the republica. and the dresses they have in stock are so ugly i wont even let me dog wear it on her wedding day lol. but you are right i have alot of time to decide.



            #5360 brownskingirl

            brownskingirl
            • Newbie
            • 131 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Tobago - Pigeon Point beach
            • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

            Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

            Originally Posted by MissJali 

            I loooove it also. I'm also in love with this one...Pronovias Devora...almost similar, same slinky light material it seems


            yeah i know that gown i also have that one saved as one of my favorites its soooo beautiful! but then my sister thought that it looks too much like a prom dress. :S i still love it though its beautiful!






            1 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users