• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#5051 uhura526

uhura526
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by MissKoralK 

Hi All,

so after much back and forth and some changes in the beading of my dress (They used plastic beads and I had seen on their site earlier that they only use rhinestones and crystals so I requested for a change which they promptly did), I have my final pictures from Jasmines.

I am very pleased with the results and hopefully the dress will also look great on me.

here are a couple of pictures.

Its a Jasmine Knock-off of the Pronovias Jalea.

Here is an older picture of the sleeve in action.

Please share your thoughts ladies.

To me it looks perfect now tho

I love the beading and design.  They did a nice job on the dress. I can't see any issues with it on my end.  Also, thanks for the headsup about the plastic beads. Mine also has a lot of beading on it and I will make sure to pay attention to what they use.  I am also a "Pronovias" knock off bride!

#5052 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
    • 670 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Misskoralk, How could you tell they were plastic? I'm gonna need you alls sharp eyes when I get my order in!! I love those sleeves! Very beachy!

#5053 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
      • 144 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by KittyInHeels 

Hi guys, I received quite a few mid production photos from Jasmine's Bridal Shop. They sent me 12 photos all up (they are all good quality photos with both close up and zoomed out photos). I ordered the dress 10 days ago, so they are super fast. Having said that, my dress is quite simple. They asked me to give them specific instructions on what I want them to change. So I spent about an hour triying to work out things I want them to change. Here are the results.

Have I missed anything? I am happy with what they have done so far, but there are a few things I want them to change as you can see in the photos I attached.

They will be putting embellishment once they have fixed these things. :)

The dress without a train you show does have an a-line style.  The difference is that it was cut slightly on the bias for a more flowy effect and the replica dress is a straight cut.  If you were to lay the dress out flat you would see a slight trumpet flair. 

'Gra geal mo chroi'

#5054 RilleyR

RilleyR
        • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

This is so pretty I hope my replica will be as nice as your's is. This was one of the dresses that I was considering. I might have chosen this one if I had known how well it can be replicated. I think the one I chose is a little harder to make so I'm really worried about how its going to come out.

Originally Posted by rawalter 

#5055 MissKoralK

MissKoralK
          • Banned
          • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 

Misskoralk,
            How could you tell they were plastic? I'm gonna need you alls sharp eyes when I get my order in!! I love those sleeves! Very beachy!

Twas pretty easy. Here is a pic of the initial (Plastic) beading. It just looked...well, plastic (it helps that I grew up beading clothes for my mum when she was a seamstress )

And another picture showing the full beading.

While it looked nice and all, I just wasnt comfortable with it as the original dress had crystal beads.

Here's a picture of the original Jalea.

And Voila, they did a second try and this is the result:

Initially I was a bit uncomfortable with the color contrast but it gradually grew on me (my dress is white) and now I wont have it any other way.

And yeah, I'll be sure to help when the time comes Tulumbride2013, just as lots of brides have helped me on this forum. I cant say thank you enough.

You all rock!

#5056 MissKoralK

MissKoralK
            • Banned
            • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

Misskoralk,
              How could you tell they were plastic? I'm gonna need you alls sharp eyes when I get my order in!! I love those sleeves! Very beachy!

Twas pretty easy. Here is a pic of the initial (Plastic) beading. It just looked...well, plastic (it helps that I grew up beading clothes for my mum when she was a seamstress )

While it looked nice and all, I just wasnt comfortable with it as the original dress had crystal beads.

Initially I was a bit uncomfortable with the color contrast but it gradually grew on me (my dress is white) and now I wont have it any other way.

And yeah, I'll be sure to help when the time comes Tulumbride2013, just as lots of brides have helped me on this forum. I cant say thank you enough.

You all rock!

#5057 MissKoralK

MissKoralK
              • Banned
              • 20 posts

Misskoralk,

You all rock!

#5058 MissKoralK

MissKoralK
                • Banned
                • 20 posts

Misskoralk,

You all rock!

#5059 MissKoralK

MissKoralK
                  • Banned
                  • 20 posts

Misskoralk,

You all rock!

#5060 MissKoralK

MissKoralK
                    • Banned
                    • 20 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

Misskoralk,

You all rock!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users