Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#5001 uhura526

uhura526
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Okay, I've bit the bullet and submitted my order to Jasmine's for my dress! I tried on dresses this weekend and I fell in love with this dress:

http://www.jasminesbridalshop.com/index.php?task=productdetail&id=11177

Based on all the glowing reviews for Jasmines and their very prompt responses to my inquiries, I am going for it.  So excited!

#5002 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
    • 227 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

THANKS FOR THE HELP LADIES!!!  I'm lady-less at the moment living abroad... This is VERY helpful!

#5003 xbubbix

xbubbix
      • 43 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

I love it. It's gorgeous. There's a few differences, which you may or may not want to change. I had to google to find more pictures of your inspiration dress:

1. The sweetheart neckline is more rounded in yours

2. The ruching is a little more prominent in yours (i.e left bust)

3. Will you be wearing an underskirt? This may make the bottom a little more full

4. The corset back seems a little short (this is more of a practical issue). Are they putting in a zipper also?

#5004 uhura526

uhura526
        • 330 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

I am a bit afraid of zippers and buttons, do you think it would be wise for me to switch over to a lace up corset back with this dress?

Also, do I need to order the underskirt for this dress?  I don't know if it's necessary with all those ruffles. Input greatly appreciated!

#5005 xbubbix

xbubbix
          • 43 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

Uhulra, I think it can work with a corset style back. You will jave to decide if you want it to extend past your waist like the original. If so, I would definetly ask of a modesty panel. I haven't seen that many organza dresses that are lace ups though. Do you know if the dress is made of organza? Perhaps you could do a google search and see if you can find examples. I'll do one later and post some pictures if I find any. I don't think an underskirt is neccesary. I only chose it coz I'm really clumsy and will need the skirt to stick out away from my legs so I won't trip!

#5006 xbubbix

xbubbix
            • 43 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

I am a bit afraid of zippers and buttons, do you think it would be wise for me to switch over to a lace up corset back with this dress? Also, do I need to order the underskirt for this dress?  I don't know if it's necessary with all those ruffles. Input greatly appreciated!Posted Image

I'm on my ipad so havent figured out how to attach pictures. Maggie sottero does a tonne of dresses with corset backs in organza (I think I have been living under a rock). Have a look at the Maggie Sottero Monet- the train is similar to your inspiration dress and it has a corset back.

#5007 uhura526

uhura526
              • 330 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

@ xbubbix   Than you for you help on this.  I think I am just afraid about measurements not being exact and it being too tight when I get it but I should just trust the measurements I got and hope for the best. I do have a tailor, but I did try on this dress at the Pronovias store this past weekend and honestly I don't want to mess up the essence of this style of dress by putting in the lace up corset.  I will stick with the original style of the zipper with fabric buttons.

I am very excited to see what they come up with! I ordered the dress in off white, premium grade for everything and no changes to the design. 

#5008 Dominibride

Dominibride
                • 13 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hello ladies! I'm new here. I'm in the very early stages of planning our wedding. I was wondering how much more or less are these inspired by designer gowns. They all look beautiful and we are on a super tight budget. I still don't know what I'm going to do but I'm stoked to have found this board.

#5009 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
                  • 670 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

I think overall the prices vary but I know jasmines is a bit pricier, but their quality of work is much better. I requested a quote for allure 2515 and they quoted 320 including shipping

#5010 Dominibride

Dominibride
                    • 13 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Wow that's pretty good. I will definatly look into them. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users