• Please log in to reply
6409 replies to this topic

#4001 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

Ericka,

No, I can't, it is "in-store" only item.  It is ok, a NYC weekend escape is great, a lot of good food and tons of shopping. 

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#4002 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
    • Banned
    • 253 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

I haven't been on here in such a long time.  My bad, I was off getting married.  Moved up my date but Wow! What has happened on here?  This was /is  my first thread to pop in on since I joined.  Prettypig has been a staple since the first day I joined and from what I've read lately, I just don't get it.  Her attitude and tact or whatever you want to call it has been the same since day one.  I think we've relied on her experience with the vendors from China more than anyone on this forum.  Cultures are different.  Approaches and attitude may be different as well.  I've never been offended.  If it wasn't for her input, I would not have had a clue about ordering a knock off dress.   Blunt and to the point got me a dress that fit me to a T and was the most flattering shape on my body type and for 140 dollars.  I don't know, I guess others are more sensitive but now after two years of the same Prettypig, to say she may lose priveleges for being the same person she's always been, is just unreal. I think she genuinely wants to help brides or else why would she spend so much time and energy providing us all with so many tips and tricks? As a bride I wanted to look the best I could. Selecting the right dress and providing the vendors the proper information when ordering online were the main points Prettypig drove home.  I solicited her advice and applied it.  End result was an amazing knock off dress which I wore at my wedding. 

Thanks Prettypig.

Ginger

"He's my Lobster"

#4003 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
      • Banned
      • 1,034 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

Thx Ginger!  I am glad that you valued my honesty.  Abnegation in abnegation on self-negligence is a common human flaw according to Freud.  Maybe it is better to look "__" on the wedding day, given no one would dare to say smth on that day but laugh afterward, than to hear the raw truth.  Me, I am a perfectionist, aware of my own flaws and truthful about them, want to stay healthy, live longer and don't become a burden of our society by increasing the healthcare cost (a Wall St analyst told me, catheter demand grows 8%/ year in USA, I got all grossed out!, but hey, after my experience on this forum (thx Tammy), maybe I may buy the stock!), so I maybe I am a black sheep.  Wedding day is the most beautiful day of a women's life, so who would want to break their piggy bank to pay for a dress or look hilarious in a dress?!?! again, maybe I am a black sheep.

Like u, I am married and very happy, my hubby let me to have my own career as a financial vampire squid, and our maid free me up from housekeeping tasks like cleaning mirrors ...plus taking care of our prince cats, a Scottish Fold and a Highland lynx, that is why I have so much time to kill.  In addition to making money on the market using my financial knowledge + human behavior expertise, and commenting on this forum, I also contribute to other forums, and other charity orgs.  Life is good as a trophy wife! Sant©!

Ok, I will just do like Facebook (just "Like") from now on given, Tammy said it in a very diplomatic way that I may lose my "privilege" to speak up (like a citizen of Russia or China) and just browse thru the treads like the Chinese dressmakers (oh yes, now brides wonder why their dresses came in bigger size?!) and other brides without contributing, and treat my PMs as usual with 110% honesty.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#4004 MsMadrid

MsMadrid
        • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm new here and am planning on buying a dress from bigdaydress.com. Has anyone used them? If so can you provide feedback?

I've read through almost *all* of the posts and am SO happy to find this thread. Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

Here's the Anne Barge LF217 dress I want to duplicate.

Attached Files

#4005 MsMadrid

MsMadrid
          • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm new here and am planning on buying a dress from bigdaydress.com. Has anyone used them? If so can you provide feedback?

I've read through almost *all* of the posts and am SO happy to find this thread. Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

Here's the Anne Barge LF217 dress I want to duplicate.

Attached Files

#4006 MsMadrid

MsMadrid
            • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hi! Has anyone used BigDayDress.com?

#4007 exquisite02

exquisite02
              • Site Supporter
              • 121 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

Hilly1gh- I really love the beading of your dress. I think babyonline did a great job! Amazing overall!

Rowe- Great skirt and love the flower!

Misskim_Red: Sorry to hear about all your problems you had with your seller. However, in the end it did work out and the dress is Beautiful. I love the colour of your dress. I think the short dress is really sexy as well!

#4008 exquisite02

exquisite02
                • Site Supporter
                • 121 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

Here is my final review of my dress and seller (SAM_0014.JPGSAM_0021.JPGSAM_0019.JPGSAM_0020.JPGSAM_0030.JPGSAM_0038.JPGSAM_0034.JPG

#4009 dshane

dshane
                  • 42 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

Exquiste02 - The dress looks perfect.  Thank you so much for your review.  I asked earlier if anyone had tried on dresses before they purchased online, but this is the first response and OMG... Amazing.  I have opted to try on dresses (sample sale) and if I find the right one that is outside how much I want to spend, I will definitely be looking to get it online.

Again.... The dress is amazing and it looks great on you.  Cheers to you for knowing what you want and getting it done without outside influences deterring you from doing it your way.

#4010 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                    • 11,677 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

I tried a nice warning but some people are a little slower to "get it".

we will not tolerate any attitude towards forum staff or members.  Pretty pig was warned twice about her attitude towards others but cannot control herself.  So she no longer has forum privileges.

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

Ok, I will just do like Facebook (just "Like") from now on given, Tammy said it in a very diplomatic way that I may lose my "privilege" to speak up (like a citizen of Russia or China) and just browse thru the treads like the Chinese dressmakers (oh yes, now brides wonder why their dresses came in bigger size?!) and other brides without contributing, and treat my PMs as usual with 110% honesty.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users