Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3291 JQLong

JQLong
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

Yes.  The dress is chiffon and the color was ivory.  It is very light and flowy.  I love my gown! 

JQLong

It appears that your dress is made out of chiffon?  What color did you order?  the dress I am thinking of ordering is shown in Ivory and that is the shade I want but am afraid there might be a difference between the ivories and do not want it to be too dark

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#3292 JQLong

JQLong
    • 336 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

Very pretty!

Originally Posted by nolacruiser6 

Hi Ladies!    I ordered my dress about 10 days ago from Dressilyme and I received pictures of my dress today!!  Here is the original dress of inspiration:

Original Dress.jpg

Here is my dress:

Dress Back pic.jpgDress front top pic.jpg1.1.jpg

The bottom didn't exactly turn out like I wanted, I was hoping for more of a light material like the original picture but certainly not complaining I still love it so far.  I plan on wearing the sash towards the back so it will cover up the lace tie in the back.  I did order it a size bigger b/c i would rather it be bigger and be able to take it in...oppose to it being to tight.

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#3293 ericka417

ericka417
      • Site Supporter
      • 97 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

400 for the dress you love.  buy it buy it now before it is no longer there.  

Originally Posted by Chante 

hey ladies !

just went to a second store today to try out more wedding dresses...and fell in love with a Mori Lee dress. It is normally price at 1100$ but reduced at 400$ because it is discountinued.

what do you think about that ?

I have been trying to find a picture over the internet but since it is discountinued, can't seem to find one.

#3294 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

Chante,

Like I said so many times, if you find a nice sample dress at a great price, BUY IT!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3295 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
          • Banned
          • 1,034 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:50 PM

Nolacruiser,

Very nice dress, I love the color of the sash as well.  I think the sash is sew on the dress ( from the pic of the back of the dress), so I am not sure you can wear the sash at the back.

Bonnie

#3296 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:04 PM

Torilynnsmith,

It depends on the original dress.  If it is an Amsale or Vera Wang, there are no comparison.  If it is a David's Bridal $99 dress, then I would say it gets very close. 

Like Mocha said, the material is the key difference, also the cut as well. 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

This is interesting information.... I have been considering getting my dress replicated, there are a few changes I would like to make and have tried on the original.... I am curious to know if other brides who have gone the "knock-off" "replica" route tried their dress on before hand and how they felt the replica compared.....

Now I am second guessing myself..... haven't ordered yet though so still time to change my mind!

Bonnie

#3297 Chante

Chante
              • 54 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:54 AM

I know it's a great deal !! but what do you think about the discountinued part ?

it's on hold for 2 days...so I have 2 days to make my decision...

#3298 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
                • 300 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:05 AM

Thank you so much!  I am really looking to order so I just want to make sure I have everything correct so I can get the gown I really want.  so on color selection you went with 4 (ivory chiffon) on the online order sheet?

sorry just want to make sure because your dress looks amaizing and I hope mine will turn out with the same positive outcome! 

Originally Posted by JQLong 

Yes.  The dress is chiffon and the color was ivory.  It is very light and flowy.  I love my gown! 

#3299 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
                  • 300 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:16 AM

I don't think the fact that the dress is discontinued or out of a new collection should matter!  If you love the dress and are ready to stop looking get the dress! 

I know it's a great deal !! but what do you think about the discountinued part ?

it's on hold for 2 days...so I have 2 days to make my decision...

#3300 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
                    • 300 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:33 AM

nolacruiser6

Beautiful dress!

Most of the time for the lace up back people tie them in a knot at the bottom and tuck the strings in the dress so nothing is showing... no bow no string tails etc.  Just an idea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users