Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2701 Tiny Tuna

Tiny Tuna
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

I don't think it's a bad sign.  I noticed that several of the same companies run under different sites.  My SO said that it's probably in case they get shut down somewhere they can still run from another site.  

Even chinese local stores here tend to do the same thing, or are constantly shutting down/re opening under different names or in registered under different family members.   It's a strange practice but we've got used to it. 

#2702 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
    • Banned
    • 1,034 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

wow a lot of nice dresses got out after the long chinese holiday!  Tiny Tuna, $500 is a steal! I really like the bow, it is so feminine.  Rosie...your dress will be perfect for a chinese banquet!

The Jeff Liu dress looks fine, but it doesn't really look like the original...given the wedding is in April, maybe it is time to hunt for a sample or 2 nd hand dress in local stores.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2703 Tiny Tuna

Tiny Tuna
      • 42 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:40 AM

Blakkinu, how are things going? 

#2704 prgoddess

prgoddess
        • 12 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

i took the plunge and ordered my dress on inweddingdress.com.  i'll post pics as soon as i get it!  i'm so nervous... with shipping and everything it cost $310.  hopefully the money wasn't wasted!!

#2705 gracimurano

gracimurano
          • Banned
          • 69 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

I'm a little disapointed! I ordered my dress on January 23rd. Babyonline said it would take longer to make it because of the holidays, and said I would get it march 3rd. The day arrived, they send me a tracking number and I talked to them, they admitted the tracking number is fake and said my dress is not ready yet and it will be dealyed. I understand they have a lot of work to do, but it's so bad to be waiting so long for the dress you've already waited your whole life for!!! :(

#2706 edub007

edub007
            • 47 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

Wow, can't believe they would give you a fake tracking number! That is frustrating.

#2707 gracimurano

gracimurano
              • Banned
              • 69 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

they say it's for the order no to be cancelled. But I guess it's to make it harder for us to place a complaint on DhGate. i've read in this thread that a lot of girls received fake numbers so I asked them straight and they confirmed that. At least they didn't lie to me about it.

#2708 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

I would try open a complaint with DHGate anyways. And yes, it is because if they don't ship by a certain date, DHGate automatically cancels the order and issues a refund.

#2709 gracimurano

gracimurano
                  • Banned
                  • 69 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

I'm ok with that because they explained to me they were late, they said they have a lot of work and got behind after the holidays.. it's just that i'm very ansious right now... i thought I would already have my dress by now...

#2710 imara11

imara11
                    • 45 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

I'm not sure if I already updated you all, I had tried posting a couple of times but I don't think it went through.  I spoke to babyonline and they were very nice.  I told them the price kept going up and I didn't understand why they said they could make a belt with no extra charge, but when I remove it they don't lower the price, and when I add it back on with a different design they add $80.  Anyway, they agreed to reduce the shipping cost but said the belt would be made using high quality materials, which is why it was more.  So I asked them to see a picture, and they did, they were actual rhinestones.  I am so excited now!

I have to choose now whether I should get ivory, champagne, or a light pink.  Anyone get a colored dress?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users