Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2531 Praye

Praye
  • Site Supporter
  • 117 posts

    Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

    To Lisadias,

        Its James Clifford.  I'm in love with one of his dress but need to find a store that carries his design to try it on.

     


    Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana

    9.1.2012


    #2532 Less is more

    Less is more
    • Jr. Member
    • 154 posts

      Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:10 AM

      We rush ordered because my mom was late deciding. So they arrived in three weeks.  No pictures were exchanged mainly because i liked the dress as it was listed and had made no specifications. My TTD dress is really plain and simple ivory strapless chiffon.  I was impressed! When my mom saw it after alterations she was like so why did we buy the other from the bridal store?  I laughed and said because you bought my sisters from the bridal store lol !!  
       

      Originally Posted by primavera 

      Jen, 

       

      Thank you for posting the pics of these dresses! I have been trying to find a dress that I love and I think I just fell in love with the second dress! :)

       

      Less is More, how long did it take for you to get the dress? Did they send you pictures during the process?





      #2533 primavera

      primavera
      • Jr. Member
      • 428 posts

        Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

        Oh, so this is your TTD dress? I am contemplating ordering a dress from them, but still nervous about how similar it will be to the picture. I would use it for my ceremony.


        April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

        #2534 MsSciFi

        MsSciFi
        • Newbie
        • 7 posts

          Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

          NHKinNegril and Less Is More-

          Thank you for sharing your experiences and hints with the chiffon dresses through inweddingdress.com!  This definitely gives me a bit more confidence as I'm finalizing my decision :)

           

          Primavera-

          I figured out Dress #2 is an Ella gown # 5487-

          Jen, 

           

          Thank you for posting the pics of these dresses! I have been trying to find a dress that I love and I think I just fell in love with the second dress! :)

           

          Less is More, how long did it take for you to get the dress? Did they send you pictures during the process?

           

          Jen



          #2535 STBMrsBW

          STBMrsBW
          • Newbie
          • 22 posts

            Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

            Thank you to all the b2b that have posted a lot of helpful information on here! I was hesitant to order online until I began to read your posts and see the pics. I even found a seamstress in my town who said to order from China but wasn't sure which sellers/sites. She had three dresses in her shop and I went to look at them and I was amazed! After seeing the work first hand and reading about everyone here I opted to order from dhgate.com. I was affraid I may get back ordered bc of the holiday but the seller responded right away. I'm going for a simple dress since we are going to elope on the beach, just FI, our son and my folks and of course me! I only paid $105 for this dress and I did order it big because its a strapless and I want it customized by my seamstress. I just hope what I get looks as good as the pic!

             

             



            #2536 primavera

            primavera
            • Jr. Member
            • 428 posts

              Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:47 AM

              Thanks Jen! I loved #1 too!! They are both very beautiful! Have you been able to find a price for the original Ella dress? I can't find it anywhere online.


              April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

              #2537 magirl

              magirl
              • Jr. Member
              • 198 posts

                Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

                O just ordered my dress from Topspartner, it has lots of lace. I'm crossing my fingers!, I did have modifications but i think they are minimal. Kathy seemed very eager to help and she replied usually within a day.desmont-front and back.jpg



                #2538 primavera

                primavera
                • Jr. Member
                • 428 posts

                  Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

                  This dress is beautiful!!!
                   

                  Originally Posted by STBMrsBW 

                  Thank you to all the b2b that have posted a lot of helpful information on here! I was hesitant to order online until I began to read your posts and see the pics. I even found a seamstress in my town who said to order from China but wasn't sure which sellers/sites. She had three dresses in her shop and I went to look at them and I was amazed! After seeing the work first hand and reading about everyone here I opted to order from dhgate.com. I was affraid I may get back ordered bc of the holiday but the seller responded right away. I'm going for a simple dress since we are going to elope on the beach, just FI, our son and my folks and of course me! I only paid $105 for this dress and I did order it big because its a strapless and I want it customized by my seamstress. I just hope what I get looks as good as the pic!

                   

                   




                  April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

                  #2539 MsSciFi

                  MsSciFi
                  • Newbie
                  • 7 posts

                    Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

                    I can't find a price online for the Ella 5487 gown, The Knot has it in the $600-$1500 bracket. However, a local boutique has a sample in stock and I'm setting up an appointment to try it on tomorrow.  I'll be going alone so I doubt I'll be able to sneak any pictures, but at least I'll be able to pass on a price to you :)

                     

                    Originally Posted by primavera 

                    Thanks Jen! I loved #1 too!! They are both very beautiful! Have you been able to find a price for the original Ella dress? I can't find it anywhere online.

                     

                    Dress #1 is a Cymbeline Comtesse ('09-'10 collection), and runs around $3000 new, and $1500-$2000 used. The lace is fuller on a real person than on the model- http://www.whitexcha...com/dress/4080  But I wonder if inweddingdress.com could make the lace lay flatter...  *head explodes*

                     

                    Hopefully some day this will all come together



                    #2540 primavera

                    primavera
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 428 posts

                      Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

                      Oh, that is great! how did you find a sample? Did you just call the different resellers in your area? I would love to know how it feels on, so please give me all the details when you get back! :)


                      Dress #1 looks a lot different on a real bride. Still pretty but I would also want the layers lay flatter.

                       

                      When are you planning to order your dress?

                      Originally Posted by MsSciFi 

                      I can't find a price online for the Ella 5487 gown, The Knot has it in the $600-$1500 bracket. However, a local boutique has a sample in stock and I'm setting up an appointment to try it on tomorrow.  I'll be going alone so I doubt I'll be able to sneak any pictures, but at least I'll be able to pass on a price to you :)

                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by primavera 

                      Thanks Jen! I loved #1 too!! They are both very beautiful! Have you been able to find a price for the original Ella dress? I can't find it anywhere online.

                       

                      Dress #1 is a Cymbeline Comtesse ('09-'10 collection), and runs around $3000 new, and $1500-$2000 used. The lace is fuller on a real person than on the model- http://www.whitexcha...com/dress/4080  But I wonder if inweddingdress.com could make the lace lay flatter...  *head explodes*

                       

                      Hopefully some day this will all come together




                      April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users