Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2191 shootystar

shootystar
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

Thanks for the responses on sizing ladies and for the photos. Prettypig's dress is gorgeous so I think I will go with Monica's bridal.

So does this dress look like it is made of tulle or organza to you guys? I'm not sure what materials to ask for!

madrigal_b1.jpg

#2192 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
    • 376 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:12 AM

So I ordered a dress from Monica Bridal (pics posted a few pages back) but was not entirely thrilled with how it turned out.  I dont think this was the dressmakers fault though - we probably should have chatted more about the dress before it was made.  I think we just had different visions of the dress in our minds. 

Ordered another one from Babyonline afterwards, just received pics and I'm in love!  We chatted for almost 2 weeks about the dress, went over every little detail (she even showed me the beads she was planning to use!) and I think all the planning made a difference.  Here are the pics, I cant wait to receive this dress  :)

Inspiration:

Large View of the Natasha Bridal Gown

My dress:

front.jpgfront2.jpgdetail.jpgback.jpg

#2193 shootystar

shootystar
      • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:31 AM

cookiemunchkin! That dress looks awesome!

#2194 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
        • 1,917 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

Cookiemunchkin - That one looks so much better. I think the more detail involved, the better it is to discuss with the dress maker. It makes such a big difference when you see the real thing and they only see a picture. Especially since the pictures don't always have show all the detail. I'm glad you're happier!

#2195 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
          • 310 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:06 AM

Cookiemunchkin -  That dress is beautiful!!!!

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#2196 katelynn

katelynn
            • 414 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:09 AM

Thanks so much for the infom it deffinately helps! If you dont mind me asking which dress maker did you go with and did you like them as I also see there are lots of different ones....t

Thanks again!!!

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Quote:
              Originally Posted by katelynn 

Does anyone know where I can find this dress

http://www.impressio...p?s=4983&cat=31

I went to DHgate.com but there are like 10,000 dresses to look through!! ah!

If you send the picture to the dressmaker they will replicate whatever you want. I did that for both of mine. You can either ask them to create a new item with your picture, or they will tell you which dress to order and include "Payment for dress as discussed" in the comments.

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#2197 Halldora

Halldora
              • Banned
              • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

This looks like organza, you will get the shine with that fabric.

#2198 Halldora

Halldora
                • Banned
                • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:12 AM

Very gorgeous dress, were is Babyonline? Dh gate?

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin 

So I ordered a dress from Monica Bridal (pics posted a few pages back) but was not entirely thrilled with how it turned out.  I dont think this was the dressmakers fault though - we probably should have chatted more about the dress before it was made.  I think we just had different visions of the dress in our minds. 

Ordered another one from Babyonline afterwards, just received pics and I'm in love!  We chatted for almost 2 weeks about the dress, went over every little detail (she even showed me the beads she was planning to use!) and I think all the planning made a difference.  Here are the pics, I cant wait to receive this dress  :)

Inspiration:

Large View of the Natasha Bridal Gown

My dress:

front.jpgfront2.jpgdetail.jpgback.jpg

#2199 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

Cookie-I am soo glad this one turned out better. It is gorgeous!

I think it is crystal organza too!

#2200 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                    • 1,917 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

Katelynn - I went with Monica Bridal both times. My first order was for my ceremony gown and another dress that I had hoped to wear for our welcome dinner. I never saw the original version of my ceremony gown. I saw the picture online and I decided that it would be my "just in case I can't find anything I love" which I haven't. She sent me pictures before shipping and I had a ruffle added. I was so excited to try it on when it arrived. Sadly, I had done my own measurements which resulted in it being much too big on me. I took it in for alterations and had them move a couple of ruffles as well as take in the sides. Now it fits perfectly. The other dress was not like the description and I almost think it is the wrong dress completely. It was supposed to be a halter and when I spoke to Monica Bridal I was told that the straps could be moved but that is not the case. I keep forgetting to send her the picture. So overall, I am happy now that the dress has been altered to fit. The bead work was amazing and the dress is nice and light. I've since decided to wear it with a crinoline so I'm glad it was light to begin with.

My second order was also with Monica Bridal for my reception dress. Hopefully it is waiting for me when I get home so then I can report on how it turned out.

Overall, they were good to deal with. I would order from them again if I needed another formal gown. Hmmmm...maybe for the AHR?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users