Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2181 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:16 AM

Thanks Ladies.  I decided that I am going to get my measurements re-taken and then order a new dress.  I love the dress.  Babyonline did a great job duplicating it and the quality was great. I think the confusion came in because the woman that took my measurements gave two different sizes for the hips.  One measurement taken for a 7" and the other taken at 9"?????  What the heck is that?????  I thought there was only one measurement for the hips.

Anyway, I need to post this dress on the forum and try to sell it.  Maybe someone can use it for a TTD.   

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#2182 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
    • Banned
    • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:38 AM

Ginger,

I think you need 125 posts in order to see the attachements! lol

well, I told her that she needs to diet first (to melt her tires), then move her bum bum after.

the funny thing was...she only did 10 crunches, nothing else!  it was out of the blue, while I was just chilling with my cosmo and watching TLC.  After her 10 crunches, she said: " I wanna have a steak for tonight!"

For some reason I cannot see the pics of your dress Michelle.  Says I don't have sufficient rights???anyone know what the issue is?  other than I don't have sufficient rights?  Do I need like a million posts or something? 

Prettypig,  you're a comedian at times on here. hahaha ten cruches for your best friend under the tires are only going to make the tires stick out more.  Burn the tires first tell her.  Oh I feel aweful using "the tires" phrase.  Just know I mean it with respect.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2183 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:41 AM

Michelle, I think you should take it to a seamstress and see if adding a corset back would help. Otherwise, it's good that they will send a new dress. And no, you're not fat. You're probably right that there was too many measurements and they got mixed up.

My reception dress is in Customs so hopefully it will be cleared and delivered today!

#2184 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
        • 310 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:45 AM

I think the real problem is at the hips.  But, I am wondering if I should change to a corset back when I reorder?????

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Michelle, I think you should take it to a seamstress and see if adding a corset back would help. Otherwise, it's good that they will send a new dress. And no, you're not fat. You're probably right that there was too many measurements and they got mixed up.

My reception dress is in Customs so hopefully it will be cleared and delivered today!

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#2185 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

I think the corset back can help with minor adjustments, but I still think to get the perfect "v" corset you'll need some alterations.

#2186 remdog

remdog
            • 81 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:32 AM

Dress update-

Moonbasabridal gave me 3 options: Keep the dress and they would refund me $130., Send it back to have it remade but couldn't say it would look any different, or send it back for a full refund.  I decided that I would just keep the dress take it to someone local and have them make a few changes.  The dress is really pretty and I hate the idea of shipping a dress back.  Overall there customer service has been great.  

Originally Posted by remdog 

Ok I found it.  I guess sideways is better than nothing.  Did I say it was one of those days.

#2187 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
              • 1,917 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:07 AM

remdog - I think you made the best choice. Shipping can be pretty expensive, so now you just need to find an amazing seamstress to help you obtain your vision.

#2188 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
                • Banned
                • 253 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

Good Choice Remdog.

"He's my Lobster"

#2189 katelynn

katelynn
                  • 414 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

Does anyone know where I can find this dress

http://www.impressio...p?s=4983&cat=31

I went to DHgate.com but there are like 10,000 dresses to look through!! ah!

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#2190 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                    • 1,917 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by katelynn 

Does anyone know where I can find this dress

http://www.impressio...p?s=4983&cat=31

I went to DHgate.com but there are like 10,000 dresses to look through!! ah!

If you send the picture to the dressmaker they will replicate whatever you want. I did that for both of mine. You can either ask them to create a new item with your picture, or they will tell you which dress to order and include "Payment for dress as discussed" in the comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users