Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1791 mimi73

mimi73
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:48 AM

Yay!! Hope it gets to your door soon!! Excited to see it!!

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 

The dress is in Vancouver as of today.  It was turned over to customs.  Shouldn't be long now :)

G

http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#1792 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
    • 418 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

Emailed Monica bridal 2 days ago, still no reply.. hmm

#1793 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Karen&Rene 

Mocha, your dress looks gorgeous!  Glad to hear that they're willing to make the changes you want.

Ginger, can't wait to see your dress!

I have officially placed my order with Monica Bridal and hopefully I'll be receiving photos by the end of this week!

Thanks - Do you have a picture of what you asked for?

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 

The dress is in Vancouver as of today.  It was turned over to customs.  Shouldn't be long now :)

G

I hope you get home to a pleasant surprise and find your dress as been delivered.

Originally Posted by roxmysockz 

Emailed Monica bridal 2 days ago, still no reply.. hmm

Did you just send a regular email or did you create an account on dhgate? I created an account and then you can speak directly through the chat feature.

#1794 Karen&Rene

Karen&Rene
        • 190 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Thanks - Do you have a picture of what you asked for?

There are some photos all the way back on page 62 of this thread.  I requested slight changes to the neckline to make it more sweetheart and went for a lace-up back.

#1795 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

Karen - Now that I go back I remember how beautiful it is. And I have you to thank for being able to request photos from Monica Bridal. I really hope you get to see your pictures soon. I had to wait three weeks for mine, but at least I was able to make minor adjustments.

Attached Files

#1796 sascolo

sascolo
            • 184 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:51 AM

So I have no tried on both real Maggie Sotteros and a knockoff of the same dress. Had I tried on the knockoff first it would have been great! But after comparing to the real one I have to say there was a huge difference in the dress. The fabric wasn't as smooth and luxurious and knockoff wasn't as structured. While it was still I nice dress, i have now got to go for the real thing.

Attached Files

#1797 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
              • Banned
              • 253 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:43 AM

No dress yet ladies but the site says that it was released from customs at 3:45 yesterday afternoon.

G

"He's my Lobster"

#1798 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
                • 418 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

created an account on DHgate and sent an email via that ... got it copied to my email address so pretty sure they would have got it. They always seem to be offline when I check

Did you just send a regular email or did you create an account on dhgate? I created an account and then you can speak directly through the chat feature.

#1799 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by roxmysockz 

created an account on DHgate and sent an email via that ... got it copied to my email address so pretty sure they would have got it. They always seem to be offline when I check

Spose i'll ask Gianiar instead..

xx

Hmmm... maybe because she is sick it is taking longer? I never got any response from Gianinar and I even asked about a dress they had posted online.

#1800 Aumuller

Aumuller
                    • 365 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

I think you're totally right about this if you only try on a knock-off dress you will be happy but if you try on the same dress the desiner made it won't be the same. Especially when it comes to Maggie Sottero, the quality of her dresses are amazing! I am definitely buying a maggie sottero dress and then I'm going to buy a knockoff of the same dress for my TTD pictures.

Originally Posted by sascolo 

So I have no tried on both real Maggie Sotteros and a knockoff of the same dress. Had I tried on the knockoff first it would have been great! But after comparing to the real one I have to say there was a huge difference in the dress. The fabric wasn't as smooth and luxurious and knockoff wasn't as structured. While it was still I nice dress, i have now got to go for the real thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users