Almost forgot, here's the link:

http://www.dhgate.co...12b89b7d3f75b82

#1732 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
    • Banned
    • 1,034 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:12 AM

Adcarter,

Yes, they have 100% feedback, and seems to do a good job too (I checked some of their actual works).  Keep us posted!

Actually, they offer good prices for Pronovias, LaSposa, St-Patrick, Enzoani style dresses.

Topspartner is at a higher price range, but they put more on the details and structure of their dresses (like 16 bones in a dress).

Monica Bridal offers more customization and very detail beading/lace appliqu┬ęs works.

Gianiar, 3 prices, with pics to check before sending it out.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1733 terilina

terilina
      • 179 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:35 AM

I just ordered my dress through Gianinar!  They said it would take 30-40 days to arrive and that they woud send pictures when they finish it.

I let them know that I would like to pay through paypal.  Do you pay for it right away or do you wait until it is shipped??

#1734 breeze616

breeze616
        • 1,760 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:00 AM

Terilina- they'll ask for a deposit up front, it's not much, then you pay the rest upon completion. Make sure you get your measurements done by a seamstress, it makes a big difference in hoe your dress will fit.

#1735 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
          • Banned
          • 253 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:05 AM

So Monica Bridal girls, tell me again how long did it take to receive your dress once you were notified your dress had been shipped to Canada?  Mine was shipped two weeks ago and knowing there was a huge holiday in China, I stayed away from the tracking site until today.   My tracking number isn't even recognized on the shipping site.  WTH?  How long does it take for the number to be registered.

G

"He's my Lobster"

#1736 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

Ginger,

I didn't track my dress, it was the rep who told me via the chat that the dress arrived and signed by my dad!  I rushed to my parents' place at 11:45pm just to try it on!  Mine took less than 1 week.  Recently, I received an invoice from TNT, for $17 of duties and taxes.  So I guess, they don't charge on the spot, but only bill later.

Bonnie

#1737 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
              • Banned
              • 253 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

Thanks Prettypigpig

A week?  Wow that's fast.  I'm sure it's the holiday in China.  Mine is being delivered to my home but I'll have to go to my parent's house to try it on.  Everything else was so efficient with this process.  What's a few days right?

I'm sure it will be here soon.

Ginger

"He's my Lobster"

#1738 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
                • 349 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:55 AM

Wow that came out great! How was is the knock off dress if you don't mind me asking?

#1739 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                  • Banned
                  • 1,034 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by DeAngelis2be 

Wow that came out great! How was is the knock off dress if you don't mind me asking?

Well, if you were asking for mine, I posted the pics a while ago.  Now, I am waiting for Ginger's.

Bonnie

#1740 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

OK I went to dress shopping with my bestfriend last w-e, I was exhausted, and came up with my 10 rules:

1) don't rely on poster/ ad pics unless you are 6ft tall, and size 2.

2) always try the diff style and color on you, because u don't really know what look the best until you try it on.

3) don't expect you will look like the model, unless again you are 6 ft tall and size 2

4) don't be afraid to ask...and try on different styles

5) most of the brand name dresses are from China, so don't overpay for a dress

6) don't take sales pressure

7) when you are size 14, it wasn't the dress who is too big or gives you a belly.

listen to your friends

9) don't go overbudget, as other guests don't care about ur dress anyway

10) go thru steps 1 to 9!

Bonnie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users