Jump to content
BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Recommended Posts

Yay!! Hope it gets to your door soon!! Excited to see it!!
 

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 View Post

The dress is in Vancouver as of today.  It was turned over to customs.  Shouldn't be long now :)

 

G



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by Karen&Rene View Post

Mocha, your dress looks gorgeous!  Glad to hear that they're willing to make the changes you want.

 

Ginger, can't wait to see your dress!

 

I have officially placed my order with Monica Bridal and hopefully I'll be receiving photos by the end of this week!



Thanks - Do you have a picture of what you asked for?
 

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 View Post

The dress is in Vancouver as of today.  It was turned over to customs.  Shouldn't be long now :)

 

G


I hope you get home to a pleasant surprise and find your dress as been delivered.

 

Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post

Emailed Monica bridal 2 days ago, still no reply.. hmm


Did you just send a regular email or did you create an account on dhgate? I created an account and then you can speak directly through the chat feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

 

Thanks - Do you have a picture of what you asked for?

 

 

There are some photos all the way back on page 62 of this thread.  I requested slight changes to the neckline to make it more sweetheart and went for a lace-up back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Karen - Now that I go back I remember how beautiful it is. And I have you to thank for being able to request photos from Monica Bridal. I really hope you get to see your pictures soon. I had to wait three weeks for mine, but at least I was able to make minor adjustments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have no tried on both real Maggie Sotteros and a knockoff of the same dress. Had I tried on the knockoff first it would have been great! But after comparing to the real one I have to say there was a huge difference in the dress. The fabric wasn't as smooth and luxurious and knockoff wasn't as structured. While it was still I nice dress, i have now got to go for the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


created an account on DHgate and sent an email via that ... got it copied to my email address so pretty sure they would have got it. They always seem to be offline when I check sad.gif
 

Spose i'll ask Gianiar instead..

 

xx

 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post


 


Did you just send a regular email or did you create an account on dhgate? I created an account and then you can speak directly through the chat feature.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post


created an account on DHgate and sent an email via that ... got it copied to my email address so pretty sure they would have got it. They always seem to be offline when I check sad.gif
 

Spose i'll ask Gianiar instead..

 

xx

 



 


Hmmm... maybe because she is sick it is taking longer? I never got any response from Gianinar and I even asked about a dress they had posted online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I think you're totally right about this if you only try on a knock-off dress you will be happy but if you try on the same dress the desiner made it won't be the same. Especially when it comes to Maggie Sottero, the quality of her dresses are amazing! I am definitely buying a maggie sottero dress and then I'm going to buy a knockoff of the same dress for my TTD pictures.
 

Originally Posted by sascolo View Post

So I have no tried on both real Maggie Sotteros and a knockoff of the same dress. Had I tried on the knockoff first it would have been great! But after comparing to the real one I have to say there was a huge difference in the dress. The fabric wasn't as smooth and luxurious and knockoff wasn't as structured. While it was still I nice dress, i have now got to go for the real thing.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×