Sign in to follow this  
Infinity22

Spy On Your Workers With Google Latitude

PC World - Spy On Your Workers With Google Latitude

This is quite an interesting program. I tried it out yesterday when it was released and it's pretty cool if you want someone to know where you are but there's always that possibility of it being turned on and you not knowing it's on. I haven't played with it too much so I don't know if anyone can just add you as a friend and see where you are, or if you have to approve that they can see you first. Anyway, it's kind of cool...yet scary!

i think it is creepy that there are programs like this! cant people have ANY privacy anymore? i feel like with so many facebook programs and questionnaires now about everything and anything about a person and now programs to track where people are we cant just be ourselves anymore...

This is scary. I would be appalled if my employer didn't trust me enough to switch from job site to job site on time. I can see how similar technologies help pet owners when their pets run away, but this is something that would DEFINITELY get abused. Possessive husbands keeping track of their wives, possessive wives keeping track of their husbands, employers keeping track of employees after hours when it's frankly none of their damn business where employees are, and so on and so forth. I think it's a dumb idea to let this get into public hands...

I like it! I think it will be a cool way of seeing where your friends are. Also, my stepdaughter will definitely be connected to this. It is perfect!

This program only works if you accept the invite to be connected and turn it on in you phone. AND, your phone has to have the capability to be located (ie a smart phone with a data connection).

I don't like it. I feel like we're being watched enough with cameras all over the place. It scares me that this is getting out of control. No privacy anymore!

I think over here it would be a breach of the Human Rights Act myself and if not it frigging well should be - why the hell would you want anyone to know where you are lol if you did you'd tell them lol