Spy On Your Workers With Google Latitude

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Infinity22

Infinity22
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

PC World - Spy On Your Workers With Google Latitude

This is quite an interesting program. I tried it out yesterday when it was released and it's pretty cool if you want someone to know where you are but there's always that possibility of it being turned on and you not knowing it's on. I haven't played with it too much so I don't know if anyone can just add you as a friend and see where you are, or if you have to approve that they can see you first. Anyway, it's kind of cool...yet scary!

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

I haven't had time to read the whole article yet, but that seems creepy. Why would I want to track my co-workers (or anyone??)

#3 Infinity22

Infinity22
      • 1,520 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

Good question but I can see it coming in handy if you have teenagers and you want to know where they are.

#4 *Melissa*

*Melissa*
        • Banned
        • 22 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

i think it is creepy that there are programs like this! cant people have ANY privacy anymore? i feel like with so many facebook programs and questionnaires now about everything and anything about a person and now programs to track where people are we cant just be ourselves anymore...

#5 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
          • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

I think its distrubing

#6 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
            • 583 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

This is scary. I would be appalled if my employer didn't trust me enough to switch from job site to job site on time. I can see how similar technologies help pet owners when their pets run away, but this is something that would DEFINITELY get abused. Possessive husbands keeping track of their wives, possessive wives keeping track of their husbands, employers keeping track of employees after hours when it's frankly none of their damn business where employees are, and so on and so forth. I think it's a dumb idea to let this get into public hands...

#7 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

I like it! I think it will be a cool way of seeing where your friends are. Also, my stepdaughter will definitely be connected to this. It is perfect!

#8 Bisha

Bisha
                • 265 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

This program only works if you accept the invite to be connected and turn it on in you phone. AND, your phone has to have the capability to be located (ie a smart phone with a data connection).

#9 Kathie

Kathie
                  • 2,654 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

I don't like it. I feel like we're being watched enough with cameras all over the place. It scares me that this is getting out of control. No privacy anymore!

#10 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                    • 2,262 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

I think over here it would be a breach of the Human Rights Act myself and if not it frigging well should be - why the hell would you want anyone to know where you are lol if you did you'd tell them lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users