Photo

Inviting Co-Workers - Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jenniebey

jenniebey
  • 842 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

So I'm getting ready to send out my STDs and I'm torn on who to invite from work to my DW. There are a couple of people who I am close with who will be getting an invitation regardless, but what about my team and my bosses? My friend got married locally last year so he invited the 3 top people in the company. But since I'm doing a DW, I don't know if that is the right thing to do. We're not especially close and I don't think any of them will come, but am I still supposed to invite them?

Also, the team I work on, we're all pretty close at work, but not outside. Do they get invited?

I'd love to hear who other people will be inviting from work.

Thanks!

#2 *Lo*

*Lo*
    • 2,993 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

Wow, interesting question! I am not sure really I think you should invite your closer friends and family to a DW so perhaps that is appropriate if you are inviting co-workers?

I work for a small company of 16 people, and in the summer we all went to one of our colleague's wedding. But I don't think I will invite anyone from work to mine, mostly because people cannot be away from the office at the same time! But I don't think people would be offended if they do not receive an invitation to a DW since it is a fairly large expense to travel there.

#3 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
      • 382 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

I had trouble deciding who to invite also. I ended up inviting my grade level because we are all very close. Out of the 6 of them 2 are coming. I wasn't sure about my Principal but decided not to. We are not close and I don't think that she would feel like I should have invited her. It is hard though, there are several other people I am torn about inviting them our AHR.

#4 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
        • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

I was having the same issue!
          I have decided to to just invite my immediate supervisor on my team and good friends from work.
          If it was a regular wedding, I would have invited the politically correct people.. for a DW I have an excuse to only invite those I really want to (Shhh.. dont tell my co-workers).

#5 jenniebey

jenniebey
          • 842 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

Thanks for the replies!

I think that I will be doing the same thing. Just my immediate supervisor and team and then a couple friends. I think most won't come anyways and I don't think most people will have their feelings hurt. At least I hope not!

#6 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
            • 443 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

I think I am going to invite the people I am close to and then have an at home reception after and invite the politically correct people(like the principal). I think that would work and nobody would be insulted...

#7 beachbride08

beachbride08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jenniebey
                So I'm getting ready to send out my STDs and I'm torn on who to invite from work to my DW. There are a couple of people who I am close with who will be getting an invitation regardless, but what about my team and my bosses? My friend got married locally last year so he invited the 3 top people in the company. But since I'm doing a DW, I don't know if that is the right thing to do. We're not especially close and I don't think any of them will come, but am I still supposed to invite them?

Also, the team I work on, we're all pretty close at work, but not outside. Do they get invited?

I'd love to hear who other people will be inviting from work.

Thanks!
                I invited my boss and my immediate co-workers, but didn't invite everyone I worked with. I don't think it is necessary to do that, especially if you are having a destination wedding people understand you are trying to keep it small. Of the 5 people I invited, 3 came down to the wedding. I am also pretty close with my boss and team, if I had not been I probably wouldn't have invited any of my co-workers. It doesn't sound like you are very close with them so I don't think it would be a big deal to not invite them.
                Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users