Are you "trashing the dress"?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 tvt

• VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

So, we're scoping out photogs and I REALLY want to trash my dress. Made me wonder how many of you are?

#2 soulmates

• 538 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:34 PM

I am going to trash my dress!! Well actually i've bought another dress to trash instead of mine, but we are doing it can't wait!!!! My FI is so excited.

#3 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:36 PM

We're doing a day-after trash the dress session with Juan Carlos Tapia. I can't wait! I have a second dress for that session. Actually it's my original wedding dress, but I bought a more formal one for the wedding, so my first dress is now my trash the dress dress. lol did that make sense?

#4 Jessalyn

• 1,876 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:38 PM

I bought an ebay gown to wear when we do our legal ceremony in Hawaii (just the two of us)...thought I would wear it again to trash the dress.
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#5 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:42 PM

I did not do a formal trash the dress session, however with everybody stepping on my train it got pretty trashed! I think it would have been really fun to do in a less expensive dress. I say go for it!

#6 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

I am actually selling my dress but even if I wasn't I would definitely not trash itt. However I think if I had bought a cheaper dress I would have considered it.
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#7 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:54 PM

What exactly is a trash the dress session?? And why is it so common? lol. Why would I want to trash my dress, isn't that bad luck or something?!
                Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#8 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:55 PM

If I could afford to hire a photographer to come back the next day, I'd think about doing it, but it was hard enough prying the money from FI's fingers for the photographer for the wedding!

#9 tvt

• VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
                    What exactly is a trash the dress session?? And why is it so common? lol. Why would I want to trash my dress, isn't that bad luck or something?!
                    Check out this site

trash the dress

I want to do mine in the ocean/on the beach. Incorporate some of the destination wedding into it!

#10 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                    • 11,659 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:32 PM

i actually should sell my dress as well...it was way too much $$ to trash...or i can give it to my future daughters if i have any

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                    Awards and recognition: 
                    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users