Photo

Is your marriage in Cuba legal In Canada?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JTAlberta
    JUlie G
    Did your certificate come in Spanish?
    It did. You can get them to translate it, but it takes a lot more time and you have to pay for it. There is no need to translate it, the government offices take it as in, in Spanish. So it was super easy to change my name.

#22 JTAlberta

JTAlberta
    • 54 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

Thanks! Good to know......
      Lovin Married Life!

#23 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
      • 475 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:25 PM

so, i did not end up getting an unofficial certificate before i left.. bummer.. so i guess im here waiting for 3 months before i can be officially Mrs Reid.. bank keeps giving me a hard time about cashing in my cheques from the wedding that say Mark and Jackie Reid.. its sooo annoying!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
        All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#24 Amarillis

Amarillis
        • 1,913 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

Jackie... I have heard that the actual wait time can be as much as 10-12 months... sorry if I am the bearer of bad news.... I still don't have mine.

#25 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
          • 475 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

OH my GOD!! your kidding... if that happens.. im just gunna drive to the JOP and do it again!! LOL... could i get in trouble for that??

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
            All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

#26 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

You can't get married again, that is not legal, but I am sure you know that :)

My certificate took only 3 months to arrive, so I would not think the worst just yet.

Can't your husband just cash the cheques, will that make things easier?

#27 sarafish81

sarafish81
              • 353 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

That's what we've been doing for those cheques with DH's last name. It's kind of a pain but it's ok! Looking forward to receiving the certificate and being able to change my name though!

#28 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
                • 475 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

i am so with you on that one... even though its almost been a month since the wedding... im really getting anxious to have the certificate so i can get things switched over.. i almost feel like were not married because we dont have the papers to show for it.. plus.. DH is going to be enlisting in the airforce as an officer and they are going to need that info... im crossing my fingers that it comes sooner than later :P

Mr. & Mrs. Reid

#29 jackobelle

jackobelle
                  • 359 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:42 AM

Jax - Why didn't you get an unofficial cert.? Is that a Blau thing? Do they usually give them out?

#30 Amarillis

Amarillis
                    • 1,913 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

we were married on January 28.... over four months ago, and I have yet to receive my certificate.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users