Photo

Left or Right??? Where to wear a boutinnere???

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Amarillis

Amarillis
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

Hey Ladies,

Over my lunch hour, my mother set panic into me... with only a few days till departure this is not a difficult task!

She asked, does it matter which side the boutinneres are worn?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Tracy_S

Tracy_S
    • 268 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

My thought was that it was always over the heart so therefore on the left...

#3 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
      • 5,649 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

Hmm, interesting! All of the pics of seen of people wearing bouts for various occasions always seem to be on the left side. Maybe they do this because it should be worn over the heart? Makes sense to me that way. Good luck!

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:19 PM

you know what? idk what is right or wrong, but personally i would have the guys wear it on the side that shows when they are standing during the ceremony, like if the GM's are on the right side in front of the guests, have them wear it on their left lapel or chest. that way the guests and the photog will be able to see the flower.

does that make sense?

#5 Amarillis

Amarillis
        • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Abbie
          you know what? idk what is right or wrong, but personally i would have the guys wear it on the side that shows when they are standing during the ceremony, like if the GM's are on the right side in front of the guests, have them wear it on their left lapel or chest. that way the guests and the photog will be able to see the flower.

does that make sense?
          hmmm interesting thought...

i guess that begs the question which side is the grooms side? at the front of the aisle... i was thinking the right side (from the perspective of me coming down the aisle) and in that case i guess the left side for the boutionere makes sense.....

#6 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
          • 1,083 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Amarillis
            hmmm interesting thought...

i guess that begs the question which side is the grooms side? at the front of the aisle... i was thinking the right side (from the perspective of me coming down the aisle) and in that case i guess the left side for the boutionere makes sense.....
            I was thinking the same thing!

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

in all the movies (haha) and weddings ive been to the grooms side is traditionally the right side, guests facing forward, and the brides family sits on the left side, guests facing forwars. kwim?

#8 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

but really i assume you can do it however you want! its not like people are going to freak out if you would rather be on the opposite side, i think that most guests at weddings expect brides family left, grooms family right.

i always wondered (and especially after my own weddding) why the bride doesnt stand opposite her family/friends (and vice/versa with the groom) so the family and friends can see her face! my mom was in the front right corner seat, and she could only see the right side of my face and my back the whole time, and the opposite for dougs parents. wouldnt you want your family to see you, not your back? haha, i just always thought that was weird.

#9 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

I've only seem them on the left side as they all usually stand on the right

#10 DWbride09

DWbride09
              • 171 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:51 AM

over the heart!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users