Sign in to follow this  
beachbride2009

Calling all November 2009 Brides!

Thank you so much for your support! This has been the only disagreement that I have had with my fiance, thus far. I feel as if this is such a tricky and sensitive topic, and b/c it's a DW, people seem to think that different rules apply. Oh well, I'm trying to let go, although I am very frustrated as to why it seems very straightforward to me, and me only! :-)

Hey Gr8tful. Welcome... No more stress and no more worries now that ur on BDW. Can I just say that I had 5 minors going with us they are 1,7, 14, 18 and 20. Well naturally I had no flowergirl. Well as of last week my fam has made me have a fg so now my 7 yr old cousin is my fg so I have to find her dress etc etc. Such a headache.

Date Twin: Now u have a FG! Looking for a dress will b the easy part wink.gif!

BTW still dealing w/wedding drama!!! At this point I wish I would have gone with my elope idea!!!!!!!LOL

Can I ask you all a question.... Why did you choose to get married in November? That's a question I've been hearing every since I started planning.

We had no real reason for choosing November. The anniversary of our 1st date is Oct 6 (we celebrate the anniversary of our first date bc we have no idea when we actually started our relationship. It was just like after our first date we were a couple. I stopped talking to this guy I had been dating, and my FI supposedly wasn't dating anyone else... sorry I digress). We wanted to get married in October but the cruise prices were a bit expensive and it was still hurricane season. So we settled on Nov. Also with my FI's job he chooses not to take big vacations until after June, so a spring wedding would be out. Lastly it just so happened that I chose for us to get married on Marine Corp Birthday and my FI is a retired Marine...Umm so yea that's it in a nutshell.

So now we'll get to vacation for our anniversary at the beginning of winter. I love going someplace tropical when it's cold.

Can I ask you all a question.... Why did you choose to get married in November? That's a question I've been hearing every since I started planning.
Quote:

We wanted a fall wedding and Sept/Oct is the "rainy" season in Cabo so we pushed it to November. I agree though, I think it will be a nice time of year for anniversary trips to warm tropical places. wink.gif

Ditto to Megan!

We chose November for a couple reasons - we got engaged in December and we wouldnt be able to plan it quick enough for spring 09 and I didn't want to wait until Spring'10. Plus, we both live away from home and we figured if we got married in November, we could have our AHR in December when we are home for Christmas!

We have had lots of people ask "why November" too - I think because when people think of heading down south, they often think of going in spring.

Well our original date was October 14th which is our anniversary. When we finally figured out where we were holding the ceremony/reception that date wasnt available. It was the last week of October of first week of November. Since the last week of October fell on my FI birthday, we decided to go with the first week of November. It also is the end of turtle nesting season the first week of November to which means we can be near the beach past sunset.