Photo

Have you ever wanted to just smack your FI/DH?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:44 PM

Ok I sure wanted to last night!
    So we were driving to the mall to go register at Macy's...we are just chit chatting away talking about a couple of his friends who are also getting married later this year. then he tells me "yeah so the 3 of us guys getting married this year were just thinking about having a combined bachelor party, maybe in Vegas." So I am thinking...ok...that is actually better right because then there won't be 3 bachelor parties he will be attending this year...then he goes on...."yeah I think we might have it in July."
    WHAT?! JULY?! I proceed to tell him that he CANNOT have his bachelor party in July...we are getting married in APRIL! he won't even be a bachelor anymore come July.
    I had to take a couple of deep breaths on that one...then he tells me "well it is not fair to make so and so (his other friends getting married in August) have their bachelor party in March!" This is how I felt ---> I again replied with the fact that it is not fair to him/us to have his bachelor party AFTER we are married!

So needless to say...I think there may be a couple bachelor parties this year because there is no way in HECK that he can have his in JULY!

Seriously I sometimes just wonder what he is thinking!

Ok, thanks for letting me vent a bit....I just need to tell someone

#2 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
    • 2,287 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

That's men for ya! They don't always think properly. As if he's gonna have a bachelor party when he's already married, what's the point? SHEESH MEN!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

#3 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
      • 582 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

Obviously having a bachelor party after your wedding defeats the purpose of having one and is silly but its his party and if he wants to have it with his friends, let him do it.

However, as you said, if he has his own to have his party before your wedding he will still be attending the bachelor party in July for his friend anyway.

#4 JoLo908

JoLo908
        • 889 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

I think sometime they turn off the "logic" switch in their brain... I have witnessed this too lol

#5 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

OMG! Hahaha...that is too funny!

#6 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
            • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

If I had a quarter for every time I wanted to smack FI over the head, I'd be a rich woman! lol I seriously believe that sometimes their brain just switches itself off and forgets to turn itself back on. I can tell FI a million times "Don't let your mother/father know that we bought such-and-such, it's going to be a surprise!" and sure enough, that night while he's on the phone "So we were out today and picked up this..." and then it clicks... "Oh shit, you weren't supposed to know that" lol

#7 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

yeah guys seriously don't think sometimes! You are definitely right here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users