Photo

Who pays for wedding ring?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rhonda

Rhonda
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:18 AM

My FI and I are going shopping for wedding rings tomorrow and he asked me if he was supposed to buy the rings....I didn't know the answer...but, figured someone here would! Is it customary for the man to buy rings or do most people buy them together?
    I would love to hear what some of you did/are doing.
    Thanks!

#2 rach220

rach220
    • 532 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:47 AM

I think you are each supposed to buy each other's...but I'm really not sure. We each ended up buying our own...but not on purpose. My FI found his at the Zales outlet when we were in FL last year, and I bought mine at sale in the mall when I was by myself. They ended up being about the same proce so it really didn't matter. I think my FIs was actually a litte more...
      I don't think it really matters...as soon as you tie the knot your money is all the same anyway...I would say it's nice to shop for them together though...

Married July 16, 2009
      Aventura Cove Palace Resort
      Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#3 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
      • 582 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:06 PM

At first, my fiance kept telling me that I have to buy them because he bought the engagement ring. In the end, we worked the cost of the wedding rings into the wedding budget and the cost for them is coming out of both of our pockets.

#4 sarafish81

sarafish81
        • 353 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

I am buying my FI's ring and he is buying mine...

#5 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
          • 1,083 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

We are doing the same as Jen above... we are putting it into our wedding budget. Honestly, we live together anyway so it's already both of our $$ at this point.

I think that whatever you and FI are comfortable with is what's best for your situation.

#6 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
            • 256 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sunsetbride1
              We are doing the same as Jen above... we are putting it into our wedding budget. Honestly, we live together anyway so it's already both of our $$ at this point.

I think that whatever you and FI are comfortable with is what's best for your situation.
              This is the exact way we feel...we already live together and share our $ so it wouldn't really matter. We incorporated it into our budget.
              Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
              My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#7 Rhonda

Rhonda
              • 270 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

K, thanks ladies! I wasn't sure if it was traditional for the guys to buy the wedding rings...but, I guess anything goes! we've basically decided to split the total cost of both rings, but, in the end it probably won't matter since we do live together already, but just havent joined our $$$

#8 Ryan & Valerie

Ryan & Valerie
                • 37 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:29 PM

My FI and I are buying the wedding bands together. We actually merged bank accounts recently, so the money to pay for the bands is coming from our merged "wedding" account fund.

#9 clmarti1

clmarti1
                  • 207 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

My FI is paying for my ring, and I am paying for his.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users