Dress shopping in Washington, DC???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hanna

• 223 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

I just moved to DC and our wedding is in June and I need to get cracking on finding a dress. Is anyone from DC and know of any good stores to look at. Wanting to find a dress for under $800, so the couture bridal shops are out. Just trying to tap my resources as you know getting around DC can be a challenge, so trying to avoid going to the wrong places. I appreciate your help!

#2 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

I live very close to DC in Arlington. Try Bridal Visions in Arlington. They sell lines that are usually cheaper: Alfred Angelo, Allure, Casablanca are just some of the designers they sell. I didn't end up buying my dress from there only because I found one elsewhere but the wedding consultants there are pretty nice and aren't as pushy as they can be at other places.

#3 Royal_lady10

• 247 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:32 AM

Hanna, welcome to the DMV metro area.. I agree with Ginalyn with Davids Bridal.. I have also seen some wedding dresses in Filens Basement (Tysons Corner). Here are a few places that I plan on looking...

Bridals By Natalie (alexandria)
        Riziks (DC)
        Access Bridal (alexandria)
        Monis Bridal Boutique (Manassas)
        Jeanettes Bride'N Tux (Manassas)
        Ellies Bridal Boutique

Hope this helps

#4 DGG

• 275 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

I know it's a bit of a drive, but if you want - there are a good amount of bridal shops in Wilmington, Delaware with good discounts.. There is one bridal shop here that sells all of its store models for $150 or they'll order it for you at a discounted price..
          And the best part about Delaware - no sales tax...
          Just a thought if you really want to save money and have any reason to come up this way :)

#5 Diana

• 167 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:06 AM

Even though I am not from your area... I just wanted to say that some of the smaller shops are not out of your price range. I started my search at a David's Bridal but ended up getting my gown at a small store in a strip mall. My gown is a Maggie Sottero which I thought would be well out of my price range but... it was under a thousand and fits great!

Also, alterations can be expensive too... if you fluctuate in weight or are a curvy girl, go with a dress with a corset closure... it can go up or down a size without alterations in the waist or bust. (just have to adjust the length)

Good Luck with your dress shopping! No matter what you get you will be a beautiful bride... you make the dress!

#6 GregsBride

• 333 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:40 PM

Hi Hanna!!!

I am from DC but since I got engaged I have been stuck in Syracuse, NY and haven't been able to do much dress shopping in DC. But if you don't mind waiting a few months, the Filene's Running of the Brides is coming up on April 3rd in Tyson Corner. The have designer dresses ranging from $250-$699. A friend of mine went two years ago and got a dress for $250 that was originally $1200!!! I plan to go in April and hopefully I have the same luck... You may also want to try some of the smaller bridal salons in MD. In the meantime, good luck with your search.

#7 CourtandMatt

• 366 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

In case anyone happens upon this forum, I have an updated list that I posted here: http://www.bestdesti...area-under-2000

#8 TheWolferts

• 458 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hi there, I didn't get my dress in DC since I wanted to my mom to be able to come with me to pick out my dress so I found my dress in florida, but my husband and I live in Arlington and I found all my accessories and veil at Rosalyns Bridal. It doesn't look like much on the outside but the staff is sooo nice and they looked like they had a great selection of dresses. I had a TERRIBLE experience at Hannelores in old town Alexandria so I would Void going there if I were you... I said I wasn't really interested in spending a lot of money on a veil and the owner actually suggested one, put it in my hair, and I actually ended up liking it... Just not for over $800!!! Very pretentious store :/ but you should really check out Rosalyn's!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users