Photo

Brazilian Wax...First Time Tomorrow!!! Yikes

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#11 lil_reeves

lil_reeves
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

Amazing tips....I feel a lot more confident going into this now!!! At least I know people have survived this, and the "it's not so bad" comment is truly motivating

#12 Danniellou

Danniellou
    • 815 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:17 AM

I have always wanted to get it done but have been too scared. I like the idea of drinking wine first! Maybe I will try that!! Let us know how it goes.

#13 mrsbancroft2be

mrsbancroft2be
      • 111 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

I was thinking about starting a thread like this, how funny. I am in the same boat Danniellou, I really want to get this done but I am nervious. I dont really care about the pain as much as how uncomfortable I would feel with someone I dont know looking around "down under" Does anyone else feel this way?

#14 Jen_S

Jen_S
        • 3,737 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

I am wondering how you pick the right place to go? Now I have had my eye brows waxed and at some places it hurts bad and others it does not, you want to make sure you go to someone who has minimal pain.
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#15 lil_reeves

lil_reeves
          • 237 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

Okay so i'm back and I survived!!! It really wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. She did the first strip and I was like "That was it?" I pretty much talked the whole time which helped distract me from what was happening. She also applied pressure and that definitely helped!

I obviously had a very good and professional waxer, as I had heard good things about her from some people in town. She did inform if you have an inexperienced person doing this you will likely be in a lot more pain. She said she actually gets this done herself and knows what helps get her through it.

Don't be shy ladies....this is totally worth it!!!

#16 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

I've been considering this as well. Thanks for all the tips ladies.

#17 Virg

Virg
              • 684 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:13 PM

Don't for get that 48 hours after the wax, you skin is really sensitive, keep baby wipes handy for thourough cleaning :)

I loke how sexy a visit Brazil makes me feel. And your FI will live it too!
                Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#18 IndianBride

IndianBride
                • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

Dallas gals - any recommendations for a good/professional waxer?

#19 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                  • 2,262 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:24 PM

I couldn't do it lol Everytime I have my legs waxed it lasts a week!!! and they always skin my bikini line lol

Oh how I wish I could find a good one lol

#20 laycj18

laycj18
                    • 76 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lil_reeves
                      Okay so i'm back and I survived!!! It really wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. She did the first strip and I was like "That was it?" I pretty much talked the whole time which helped distract me from what was happening. She also applied pressure and that definitely helped!

I obviously had a very good and professional waxer, as I had heard good things about her from some people in town. She did inform if you have an inexperienced person doing this you will likely be in a lot more pain. She said she actually gets this done herself and knows what helps get her through it.

Don't be shy ladies....this is totally worth it!!!
                      Glad you had a good experience!! And thanks to all of the ladies for the tips! Someday I will get the gusto to get a Brazilian! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users