Brazilian Wax...First Time Tomorrow!!! Yikes

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 lil_reeves

• 237 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

So i'm going in for my first Brazilian wax tomorrow and i'm bracing myself for the pain. If anyone has had this done or has some tips for me it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes

#2 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

Stay hydrated. This acutally helps with the pain.

Really it is not that bad, regular wax level of pain. But soooo worth it!

#3 vgirl17

• 315 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 24, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
      • LocationVacaville, CA

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

It's actually not as bad as you would think. The lady who does mine is pretty fast so that helps. It also depends on the type of wax they use. I prefer them to use the wax with strips instead of the type where they don't have to use the strips and have to pick at the corner to pull up. That hurts. Don't worry, it's totally worth it and gets easier every time :)

#4 DGG

• 275 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

Not to scare you, but I'd recommend trying to get emla or another numbing cream (with lidocaine) - a lot of waxing places have it or I think you can get it at a drug store also.. I have a very low pain tolerance, but I find it so much easier if I use a numbing cream.

#5 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

I drank wine before I had my brazilian and it helped a ton! Don't worry...you will be fine!

#6 Kelly C

Kelly C
          • 2,051 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

I agree about the strip wax. It gets more of the hairs and last longer. Good luck let us know.
            Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#7 Mylee84

• 287 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

drink alot of water during the day. I drink a little bit of coffee about an hour before to make sure im not retaining water. Then I take an ib praufen (SP). I also bought some cream that numbs it....... but if you cant do all its not a big deal! It does not hurt that bad and its so worth it!!

#8 ~St.T Bride~

~St.T Bride~
              • 128 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

It's definately uncomfortable but you'll survive no problem. And I agree, it's definately worth it!!

#9 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

thanks for the tips ladies====even though i did not start the post your tips are all helpful!

#10 DallasAshli

• 451 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

Best Tip Ever: right after the "removal" of the strip/wax, apply PRESSURE! My first waxer did this and it worked so well. My new waxer (because I moved) doesnt really do it, so I do it myself and it still work wonders!

Oh, and know that you will be in odd positions and its a little odd...but they are professionals and do it all day long :) Good luck...you will love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users