Photo

Is anyone NOT doing a first dance?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 WAJA2009

WAJA2009
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

I know there should be some type of grand entrance. Usually the grand entrance involves a first dance. We generally think the traditional first dances are kinda corny, but I want to do something. The choreographed "funny dances" are getting played out as well, but I'm leaning more towards that than the traditional slow dance.

Anyone doing something different for the first dance? Just looking for ideas outside of the box.

#2 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
    • 1,097 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

we are not doing any of the traditional type of dances, first dances etc. Just keeping it to open dances for whomever wishes to.

BUT we are going to do the group dances (i.e cuban shuffle, cha cha slide, electric slide) etc

#3 tina82

tina82
      • 184 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:40 PM

I dont think we are going to do a first dance. Just keeping every thing simple
        Christina

#4 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
        • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

Your getting married at Beaches right?? Just wanted to make sure since it's not listed but I think I am right..maybe But dependant on where and which reception location you choose, and if you have videography, they have more of a set schedule on how they like to proceed with things. So making an entrance back after pictures to your reception site is different, they normally like to have you sit, have the toasts done, then work on cutting the cake, then having your dance. Even if you decide not to have a dance, it won't break any sort of rules. They (Beaches) are pretty classic in that dept of scheduling things with timelines but Avia (Wedding Attendant/Waitress is wonderful and can help you out anyway she can.

#5 KatyKo

KatyKo
          • 851 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

We are not have a formal reception at the DW. We are holding down the budget and just meeting for dinner and dancing after the ceremony. Once we come back to NC, we are having an AHR and going to have the grand entrance of the BP and us (to make it just like we walked out of the ceremony into the reception). So many people who want to be involved in our wedding cannot make it to the DW, so we are doing it this way.

I think we will do a first dance. The first of our friend group got married last summer and picked a weird song as their first dance and so we are going to carry on that tradition and try to make ours cooler than theirs :) Hopefully it will be carried out with the rest of our friends as well. Good luck with planning!

#6 Sloan

Sloan
            • 1,279 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

We arent doing any dancing! Yay! Not really fun with 9 guests. Hhaha.

#7 Chiquita

Chiquita
              • 2,674 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

We didn't have any dancing either.. we only had about 20 people and it wasn't worth the dance floor rental costs etc.

Sloan.. I love your siggy pic BTW!!! :)

#8 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
                • 698 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

We aren't doing any of the tradional dances either nor grand entrance... I don't think we are having a DJ, so I just don't want to have any complications or extra stress with trying to make sure the right songs are played and who is going to take care of the music etc....

#9 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

I am having the steel drum band just before and after the ceremony, we are going to do our first dance on the beach right after the toast
                    July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#10 Sloan

Sloan
                    • 1,279 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Chiquita
                      We didn't have any dancing either.. we only had about 20 people and it wasn't worth the dance floor rental costs etc.

Sloan.. I love your siggy pic BTW!!! :)

LOL! Thanks, me too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users