David's Bridal - Walk in?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 sofylina

sofylina
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

Ladies,
    can you just walk in to a David's Bridal, say on a weekday morning? I want to take a preliminary look, and won't buy just yet. Have you guys done this?
    50 guests joined us for our cruise wedding in Grand Cayman! Simply perfect!

#2 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
    • 1,572 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

The ones I've been to prefer if you call ahead of time, so they can make sure they have someone to help you pull dresses and whatnot. With the exception of one location I visited (which was terrible), they're pretty flexible so you don't have to give them very much advance notice, just a call to see if someone's able to help you at the time when you're planning to be there.

#3 lodixon

lodixon
      • 41 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:51 PM

They prefer you to make an appointment. You can walk in but they will not be much help to you. They will be actingas if they are extremely busy.

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

If you go on a weekend, you will certainly need an appointment.

It shouldn't be an issue if you go on a Tuesday morning or something.

You might want to make one at DB just in case. There are a few salons that require apps and I found that a lot were closed on Monday.

#5 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

I never made an appt when I went except for my final fitting

#6 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:06 PM

I don't think you HAVE to have an appointment, but it's always a good idea. You'll probably get more personalized help with someone assigned to you that way. Just because you make an appointment, by no means, do you have to buy a dress that day. Good luck finding your perfect dress!

#7 cantwait2718

cantwait2718
              • 78 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

The one here won't let u try on wedding dresses without an appt. U can look all u want. It's pretty dumb bc they weren't that much help to me when I did try them on. So I would call the one near u and find out. They let us do bm dresses without one though.

#8 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

I cant see them being crazy busy in the morning of a weekday..but just call ahead before you go.

#9 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                  • 382 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

I actually just went yesterday (a Saturday) and didn't have an appointment. The place was CRAZY busy but I wasn't looking to have anyone help me. I really wanted to look at things myself before having someone follow me around. The one I was at was so busy that you had to have an appointment to use a fitting room. We found a bridesmaid dress we liked and wanted to try on so I had one of my BM's try it on in the CORNER! She put it over her clothes then took her close off after it was on. It was actually pretty funny. Even though they were busy we got their around 2:30 and they had a 5:00 appointment open. So if we hadn't decided to make our own dressing room area we could have came back at 5. Hope this helps.

Ashley

#10 Trice

Trice
                    • 295 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

Not sure if you need an appointment. I called and got an appointment the same day. I printed all the dresses I wanted to try on from their website. They pulled them all and pulled others matching the style. They were very helpful to me and I enjoyed my experience with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users