Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#401 karenk77

karenk77
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

Def not Sandra because thats who we met with...I know it was someone who's name started with an M...and a girl I had met there while waiting for my meeting with sandra was flipping out because whoever it was that quit was her coordinator and the girl had just arrived that day, and her wedding was the following day. Luckily I saw her afterwards and she said Sandra took care of everything and it was great for her...but for anyone that is working with a WC there who's name begins with an M (sorry i cant remember the name lol) call them.

#402 chicpea

chicpea
    • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

trance_angelx0x, I'm actually getting married in the Gazebo at the Colonial, not Elegance... but will be sure to see you there! :)

To all you other ladies, I've tried to go through older posts about this, and apologize if I may have missed this, but can you provide details about set-up with the basic (or free) wedding packages. Do you know if the chair covers and red carpet are included for the ceremony and/or reception? ...and will the WC help you set up additional decorations and programmes that you bring yourself?

#403 ali0284

ali0284
      • 226 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

okay, now i'm a little nervous. I've been dealing with maritee. But wouldn't you think that once you confirm your date, the other WC would know about it so they wouldn't overbook If anyone finds out who quit please let me know!
        ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#404 karenk77

karenk77
        • 369 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:55 PM

Oh they know about it...thats why the girl who was working with the one that quit was still ok because they all share files..but atleast you can know if the one that quit is the one you were working with, find out who is now going to be working with you thats all....dont be nervous..they all work together and i'm sure its fine..they do so many weddings that there probably have their own system..but better to know who exactly is your WC thats all.

#405 khomac

khomac
          • 380 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:17 PM

Girls you really don't have to panic about a thing. It's common for a bride to deal with one co-ordinator, and then on the day of the "meeting", go through details with a different co-ordinator, and then go back to the original co-or on the wedding day.

They are professionals and like Lauren said, they do sooooo many weddings a day. Imagine how many they have done in a year! They WILL take care of you! I promise! It just breaks my heart to hear you girls stress so much!

Chickpea: I've heard great things about the co-ordinator setting up any of your decorations, favours, etc, HOWEVER, I've heard of some items getting left behind after the ceremony, dinner or reception, and those items were never returned to the bride (like the sand ceremony vases for example).

Ensure you put someone in charge of doing a quick look around for items belonging to you, and make sure they are brought with you.
            Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
            Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#406 karenk77

karenk77
            • 369 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

The place is so nice and the people are so nice..even if something doesn't go as planned it will still be amazing. Don't worry :)

#407 Vallarta_2009

Vallarta_2009
              • 236 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:44 AM

Hi everyone! FI finally agreed to book our wedding date and I'm just waiting to hear back from the coordinator for next June! I'm sooooo excited, now I don't feel like I'm aimlessly posting on the forum... I really do have a wedding coming up!

#408 nicoleswrld

nicoleswrld
                • 61 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

WE ARE FINALLY BOOKED and it's official!!! May 13, 2010 at the Majestic Colonial!!

Can't wait!!!

#409 chicpea

chicpea
                  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

I actually just received an email from Maritee this week, so I'm doubtful it is she who quit (or so I hope not!)

Thanks, Khomac, for the information about the setup. I've heard that even at local venues, items can go missing if left unclaimed, so I'm not surprised the same would/could happen over there!

#410 kvgc1013

kvgc1013
                    • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

I hope annemarie Rauch is not the one that quit. She was so efficient and prompt in answering my emails. I'm still debating on the date and to be honest now location too! I want the wedding at the majestic, but greg asked that I consider Mexico since some of his family lives there.

To add to my stress, I filled out the TA questionnaire a week ago (as recommended by so many on this website) and not once has anyone tried to contact me. No email, no phone call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users