Excellence Riviera Maya
Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:25 PM
Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:53 PM
Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:55 AM
Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:20 PM
Just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year, and this is an awesome post. We have decided to have our wedding in one of the Excellence resort (Playa Mujeres) instead of Secrets. The website only provides very vague information about the wedding package. I've never been to Mexico, so when our travel agent suggested this I tried to search but every website I googled gave me the same general information. I just have a couple more:
1. Is the transportation from the airport to the resort included? I just dont want any of my guest to spend anymore money?
2. What is included in the gold dinner package? How long is the reception? It's an al inclusive resort, so will there an open bar be available for my reception? You also mentioned the 2 weddings per day(kinda bumbed about that) what if they choose the same restaurant for their reception? I would like to choose how my cake is decorated (would I have options). What's included in the cocktail hour?
3. Photos: If I want more photos, how much extra would that be? And I would really like them to be nice and memorable?
4. What if we decide not to have the Mariachi band, are there other options?
5. Would they be able to hand out welcome bags to my arriving guest, when they check in?
6. Rehearsal/Welcome dinner and after wedding brunch can this be arranged? We're not asking them to close the restaurant for us, just have enough tables and chairs set up. It is all-inclusive, so would there be an extra charge for this.
I'm sorry if I've asked some really silly questions, I just dont know. Please respond back to ease my worries. And thank you for taking time to read this really long post
Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:01 PM
Some of the questions I can answer right off the top of my head- a couple I want to double check withthe WC at Excellence Playa Mujeres!
1.When I book the travel packages for my couples and their guests it always includes transfers!
2. Let me check on the dinner choices available with the Gold Package- I believe the reception is for 4 hrs but will need to end at 11pm so that the other guests at the resort are not disturbed by any noise. If you are having a private event for the reception it will cost extra for an open bar- this is standard at all all inclusives and the cost is based on set-up and tear down plus having staff for your event. If you decide for everyone to just meet up at one of the bars that are already open then there will not be an additional fee.
3. If you prefer to bring your own photographer Excellence is fine with that- see above for options on day pass fees. Cost of additional photo's from the photographer with the package vary according to how many but you can certainly upgrade to more photo's!
4. Let me double check- generally there may be an additional cost to go with a different option. What did you have in mind?
5. Welcome bags- they will not hand them at when your guests check in-however the wedding coordinator can arrange someone to deliver them to the rooms. Again as is standard for almost all resorts there will be a fee involved. This is because they are using a staff member to do this and also because they are now responsible to get the bags where they need to be! If you do not want to pay an additional fee I would recommend that you do a meet & greet with all of your guests at one of the public lounges or bars and hand the bags out there. It also provides the opportunity for you to personally thank each one of your guests for coming when you hand them the bag!
6. The welcome brunch or a rehearsal dinner should be no problem- however it'll depend on the size of your group and the size of the restaurant!
Never a silly question- if you don't ask you will never know! Plus I find that assuming things tends to be far worse in the long run than asking a question that you may feel is silly!
Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:40 PM
Thank you so much for such a speedy response and for answering my question. Our travel agent wasn't able to give us this much information (we were just told to check the link), since we planned on getting married in May 2010 (we cannot book until 1 year prior).
I don't really know what our options there are other than the Mariachi Band, I'm open to suggestions.
Photos are very important to me. What/who would you recommend?
And open bar seems like an essential for everybody's wedding (I don't think my fiance' family would be happy if it's not included).
Thanks for your recommendation (#5), I never thought about doing it that way. It'll be more personal too.
You're awesome!!! Thank you again and if you have anymore information please keep me posted.
Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:05 PM
| Originally Posted by TA Jennifer |
Can you tell me a bit about your wedding coordinators and their experience? Our Wedding Coordinators at Excellence Group Luxury Resorts have been selected as one of the very few wedding and event professionals in the Cancun Area with a very long professional history within the field.
With over 180 weddings during the past year at Excellence Riviera Cancun and over a 100 at Excellence Playa Mujeres (within its first year of operation) have made of Excellence Group Luxury resorts the best choice for a wedding.
We have performed weddings from 2 up to 450 guests.
How many weddings a day are allowed to be performed at each property?
2 Weddings per day maximum.
How does a bride & groom confirm their wedding date & time? Are they provided a confirmation number or an informal email? What is the typical response time to a wedding date & time request?
The confirmation for weddings is sent via email together with a confirmation number per wedding/event. And the response time from our Wedding Coordinator is 24 to 48 hrs maximum.
What are the preferred wedding ceremony locations, and can you provide photoâ€™s of the locations ( preferable decorated)? Are they provided free of charge with the wedding packages? What are the backup locations in case of inclement weather? We would also need the maximum number of guests that each location could accommodate.
Wedding gazebo on the beach or Main Wedding gazebo are the two preferred wedding locations. In case of inclement weather we can use as a back up at Excellence Playa Mujeres a terrace Ocean View at the Restaurant Spice, and at Excellence Riviera Cancun the Foyer area which offers also ocean View. Besides this two options at all the Excellence Resorts we can use a Restaurant (if available )or our Meetings and Groups space where we can perform also the Wedding Ceremony and reception with no additional charge.
What are the reception locations, and can you provide photoâ€™s of the locations ( preferable decorated)? Are they provided free of charge with the wedding packages? What are the backup locations in case of inclement weather? We would also need the maximum number of guests that each location could accommodate.
We offer a wide option of areas for wedding receptions, but the most common areas are at the restaurants which works as follows: each of the 8 Restaurants that we offer as a standard closes one day a week, Groom and bride decides to use the restaurant which is closed on that day at their leisure In case of inclement weather we can use as a back up at Excellence Playa Mujeres a terrace Ocean View outside of the Restaurant Spice, and at Excellence Riviera Cancun the Foyer area which offers also ocean View. Besides this two options at all the Excellence Resorts we can use a Restaurant (if available )or our Meetings and Groups space where we can perform also the Wedding Ceremony and reception with no additional charge.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users