In October I did site visits of 21 resorts- I was looking to find resorts that I thought were outstanding, offered a great value, beautiful wedding locations and great packages. Out of those 21 resorts I have chosen a handful that really stood out in amazing ways, were responsive (that is huge in the RM!) and I knew would take care of my brides, whether they were going for a DW or Honeymoon!

I'll be doing a series of reviews that include interviews that I did with the resort sales staff and WC's- please keep in mind that the order that the reviews are presented are not based on a first, second, third basis as each offer something different and my personal preference may not be what works best for a bride and what she wants!

These are resorts that I have chosen to work with and be sponsored on the forum and that may also offer additional amenities to our BDW brides!

If you have a taste for luxury, romance and relaxation then Excellence Riviera

A 4.5 star property – all inclusive .

This resort is approximately 15 minute drive from the airport. 30 minutes from Cancun & 30 minutes from Playa Del Carmen.

Ambience – Adults only. Romantic seclusion with the excitement of a deluxe resort. Mostly American & Canadian clientele although Europeans are quickly discovering this wonderful property!.

Size –mid size resort – 440 rooms.

Rooms – Spacious, clean & comfortable. Maximum Occupancy 3 adults

Excellence Riviera Cancun is an all suite resort- also available are ADA accessible suites.

Each suite is equipped with a full range of amenities, including:

* 4-poster king or 2 double beds

*Private, furnished patio or balcony (Swim up suites include a hammockon the patio or balcony)

*Full marble bathroom with a jetted whirlpool bathtub, separate shower, separate water closet and double vanities equipped with hair dryer, scale, vanity mirror, VIP toiletries and phone

* Bathrobes and slippers

* 27†satellite television

* Air-conditioning with in-room climate control

* CD/DVD player

* Direct dial telephone

* Free high-speed internet data port

*Radio/alarm clock with IPOD connectivity

*Electronic in-room safe (laptop size)

* Coffee/tea maker, complete with coffee, tea, cream and sugar

* Stocked mini bar with beer, juices, soft drinks and water, replenished daily

* Iron and ironing board

* Pillow menu

* Turndown service and Excellence stationery

Excellence Club suites come with additional amenities including (max. 2 adults):

Private concierge Service (7am-11pm)

Private lounge with Free internet access/smart buffets and bar service

Superior Bulgari toiletries

Upgraded mini bar & room service menu

42†flat screen Tv

Complimentary daily newspaper

Private pool & Jacuzzi fo excellence club guests use

Private Beach area

Compliemntary Beach bag for use during stay

Private check in and out

Early Check in & Late check out-subject to availability

In room Premium Liquor menu

Service –The employees at this resort are incredible! They are extremely friendly, attentive and warm.

Grounds – Very well kept and clean.. Lots of palms and flowers. Not as lush as other resorts in the Riviera Maya area but very well kept and park like in appearance.

Pools –Meandering, 6 pools,(2 heated in winter) 1 swim up bar, 5 outdoor jacuzziâ€s. Floats are provided as are padded loungers. Food & beverage service poolside.

Beach – Fairly large beach with soft powdery white sand, warm blue water. Staff maintains the beach area constantly so it is very well kept up. Padded loungers, thatched palapas and food & beverage service beachside.

Food & Beverage – is fairly good to excellent! Nine restaurants on site - 8 of those a la carte. French, Italian, Meditteranean, Mexican, Asian & Japanese, Lobster House & Steakhouse. Reservations are not required. There is a dress code that is strictly enforced for men- long pants, collared shirt and closed toe shoes. Ten bars serve Premium & Domestic beverages. Bars include a Cigar bar, Piano bar – sing along & comedy, Fruit Juice bar ( near spa open 9am -4 pm serving fresh fruit smoothies. 24 hour room service.

Entertainment & Activities– Daily & Nightly entertainment and live music. Includes beach volleyball, tennis, basketball, bicycles, archery, air rifles, table tennis, darts, billiards and non motorized watersports - windsurfing , kayaks, snorkeling, sailing & scuba lessons ( in pool). Other activities include aerobics, water polo, yoga; Spanish, dance & cooking lessons. Fitness Center & a Fitness Trail. Texas Hold-em at pool. Theme nights.

Other Considerations -

Welcomed with a cool towel & cocktail-perfect start to a vaction!

One of the best spaâ€s in the Riviera Maya-many treatments include access to the hydrotherapy pool!

Information is subject to change.

All-inclusive forevers.

Get married in all-adult paradise, where your suite is showered with rose petals, a horse-drawn carriage takes you to the chapel and all you have to say is “I do.â€

For us, all-inclusive luxury is more than a label.And excellence is more than a goal. It is who we are. Every day, every night, for every guest.

EXCELLENCE GROUP
Luxury Resorts

Excellence properties include Riviera Cancun, Mexico; Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; Playa Mujeres, Mexico; Oyster Bay, Jamaica (under development)

Wedding Packages :

Excellence Wedding Package•Services of the Judge or Minister
•Wedding organization and personalization of our wedding
coordinator
•Preferential location of the room in the category reserved
•Preparation and ironing of the wedding dress and grooms tuxedo/suit
•Complimentary suite for the groom the night before the wedding
(based on availability)
•Use of the wedding gazebo or beach location
•Horse drawn carriage which brings the bride to the Wedding Gazebo
(only at Excellence Punta Cana)
•Brideâ€s bouquet
•Boutonniere for the groom
•Wedding cake for 10 people
•One bottle of sparkling wine
•Special turn down service
•15% discount on all spa treatments (product purchases not included)
•Honeymoon Package
•Late checkout for bride and groom (based on availability).
Selling Price: $850 USD.
Additional fees may apply for non hotel guests.

This package is complimentary when booking an Excellence Club
Junior Suite Ocean View category or higher, for a minimum of 7
nights, or with a bridal party of minimum 5 rooms of any category for
7 nights. Guest list should be advised at the time of reservation.

Restrictions/exclusions: Package Subject to confirmation of
availability. Applicable only for Double Occupancy. Packages prices
are quoted for Ceremony attendees lodged at the hotel. This package
cannot be combined with the Excellence Honeymoon complimentary
package.

Excellence of love Wedding Package
In addition to Excellence Wedding Package you will receive:
•4 boutonnieres/corsages for bride, groom and witnesses
•Special Silver Wedding Dinner (maximum of 20 people)
•Natural floral centerpiece for dinner table
•Wedding cake for 20 people
•One hour Silver Cocktail with hors dâ€oeuvres for 20 people
•24 full color photos (5x7)
•Brideâ€s hairstyling for ceremony
•Make-up application for the bride
Selling price: $1.500 USD

Additional fees may apply for non hotel guests.
This package may be upgraded from the Excellence Wedding
Package by covering the applicable difference in selling price. Same
Restrictions/ Exclusions for the free wedding package apply.

Gold Excellence Wedding Package
In addition to Excellence of love Wedding Package you will receive:
•Additional decoration for the ceremony
•Natural floral table bouquet for ceremony
•Upgraded brideâ€s bouquet
•Caribbean or Mariachi Music Trio (1 hour)
•24 full color 6x8 photos (upgraded from 5x7)
•Video of the ceremony (15 minutes, unedited)
•One hour of upgraded cocktails with hors dâ€oeuvres for 20 people
•Special Gold Wedding Dinner for 20 people
•One Love Birds Spa Treatment for the couple
•Romantic Cocktail Cruise for bride and groom (only for Excellence
Riviera Cancun).
Selling price: $2.400 USD

Additional fees may apply for non hotel guests. This package may
be upgraded from the Excellence Wedding Package by covering the
applicable difference in selling price. Same Restrictions/ Exclusions
for the free wedding package apply.

Honeymoon & Anniversar y Packages :

Honeymoon or Anniversary Package

•Welcome letter

•Basket of fresh fruits in room upon arrival

•A bottle of sparkling wine

•One special romantic dinner

•Rose Petals in the room upon arrival

•Special turn down service

•Champagne breakfast in bed (once per stay; reservation must be

made in advance with concierge)

•15% discount on all Spa treatments

Note: The Honeymoon and Anniversary Package is complimentary

with a stay at Excellence Resorts. Guest must request it at time

of booking and will be required to present a copy of the wedding

certificate at time of check in.

Excellence Honeymoon OR ANNIVERSARY Package *

•Champagne upon arrival

•Fruit basket and exotic fresh flowers in room upon arrival

•A champagne breakfast in bed served the first morning after arrival

•Aurum Couples Treatment: Experience the ultimate relaxation, with

an aromatic full body massage, followed by a reflex thermal foot

treatment that will renew your skin with a marine mint exfoliation

and will relieve your feet with a distressing mask, and ending with a

facial and scalp pressure massage. Duration: 50 minutes

•Private, beachfront dinner one evening – upon return from dinner

you will find a romantic rose petal bath ready for you with essential

oils and candles

•Petit Fours each evening at turn down service

•One complimentary Lovers Live CD by Sade

Selling Price: $600 USD Per Couple

Note: Taxes and gratuities included. The Excellence Honeymoon or

Anniversary Package is complimentary for stays of minimum 7 nights

or more in the Excellence Club Junior Suites Ocean View category or

higher.

Restrictions/exclusions: Subject to availability. Double Occupancy

Only. This package can not be combined with the free Excellence

Wedding Package.

Can you tell me a bit about your wedding coordinators and their experience? Our Wedding Coordinators at Excellence Group Luxury Resorts have been selected as one of the very few wedding and event professionals in the Cancun Area with a very long professional history within the field.

With over 180 weddings during the past year at Excellence Riviera Cancun and over a 100 at Excellence Playa Mujeres (within its first year of operation) have made of Excellence Group Luxury resorts the best choice for a wedding.

We have performed weddings from 2 up to 450 guests.

How many weddings a day are allowed to be performed at each property?

2 Weddings per day maximum.

How does a bride & groom confirm their wedding date & time? Are they provided a confirmation number or an informal email? What is the typical response time to a wedding date & time request?

The confirmation for weddings is sent via email together with a confirmation number per wedding/event. And the response time from our Wedding Coordinator is 24 to 48 hrs maximum.

What are the preferred wedding ceremony locations, and can you provide photo’s of the locations ( preferable decorated)? Are they provided free of charge with the wedding packages? What are the backup locations in case of inclement weather? We would also need the maximum number of guests that each location could accommodate.

Wedding gazebo on the beach or Main Wedding gazebo are the two preferred wedding locations. In case of inclement weather we can use as a back up at Excellence Playa Mujeres a terrace Ocean View at the Restaurant Spice, and at Excellence Riviera Cancun the Foyer area which offers also ocean View. Besides this two options at all the Excellence Resorts we can use a Restaurant (if available )or our Meetings and Groups space where we can perform also the Wedding Ceremony and reception with no additional charge.

What are the reception locations, and can you provide photo’s of the locations ( preferable decorated)? Are they provided free of charge with the wedding packages? What are the backup locations in case of inclement weather? We would also need the maximum number of guests that each location could accommodate.

We offer a wide option of areas for wedding receptions, but the most common areas are at the restaurants which works as follows: each of the 8 Restaurants that we offer as a standard closes one day a week, Groom and bride decides to use the restaurant which is closed on that day at their leisure In case of inclement weather we can use as a back up at Excellence Playa Mujeres a terrace Ocean View outside of the Restaurant Spice, and at Excellence Riviera Cancun the Foyer area which offers also ocean View. Besides this two options at all the Excellence Resorts we can use a Restaurant (if available )or our Meetings and Groups space where we can perform also the Wedding Ceremony and reception with no additional charge.

What are the wedding packages and cost for 2009 ? Are you flexible on interchanging components within the packages? The cost for additional guests outside of what the packages allow?

We offer Free Wedding packages in all the excellence Resorts, Attached please find our Weddings & Honeymoons Packages at Excellence Group Luxury Resorts where you will be able to see inclusions and cost (if does not apply for free wedding).(Informatiomn shared above)

Every wedding is customized for our groom and brides and there for we are flexible in interchanging components or items within the packages. if there is a component or item that clients are looking for and this involves a charge they will always be advised what and why would the charge for this will be. and the cost for extra guests of the what the package allows is $45.00 usd.

Do you allow outside vendors ? Is there a fee? Do they require a day pass? Do you have any vendors that you will not allow onsite, (there is an issue with a few vendors at other resorts that will not allow them)? Within the Excellence of Love and Gold Excellence Wedding Packages we already include services for pictures or video and although we do not recommend any outside vendor to ensure the safety liability of services to our guests we do allow the presence or services of outside vendors as long as we will be advised what cervices will be provided and if a day pass is paid if not staying on property which the cost will be $150.00 usd, if staying on property there will be no charge for them.

Note: The contact we have for Weddings at Excellence Resorts we make it directly with our Brides/Grooms, there for the services of outside Wedding Coordinators will not be taken as our main contact and information will only be addressed to our Brides/Grooms.

Are children allowed onsite for the ceremony? Excellence Resorts are managed under the adults only polices and children are not allowed on premises.

Is there a requirement of how many guests must stay at the property to attend the wedding & reception i.e.: 75% must be guests of the property ? No, there is no percentage of people required staying on property to attend the wedding or reception. If clients are not staying on property a day pass policies will be applied.

What is the day pass fee and hours ? Full day pass cost is $150.00 usd per person from 09:00 am to 11:00 pm. If Only attending the wedding with the Gold Excellence Package will be $70.00 usd per person. And will allow clients to stay for the wedding and reception length.

How many weddings on average does each property accommodate yearly? 150 weddings per year average are held at each Excellence Property.

What is the standard response time from the wedding coordinator via email or telephone ? A 24 to 48hr response time maximum.

Does the wedding coordinator do a walk through with the bride & groom during the wedding rehearsal the night before the wedding? Yes, Wedding Coordinator always does a walk trough with the Bride and Groom.

Will the wedding coordinator be in attendance during the entire ceremony and reception? Yes Wedding Coordinators are always present during ceremony and reception.

Why I picked Excellence Riviera Cancun as one of my top destination wedding resorts, in no particular order:

-Excellent service, again and again I hear from all of my DW brides and honeymooners that the service at this resort is top notch!

-Beautiful beach location that is somewhat private- the resort is willing to rope off the area while the wedding is taking place, I also like the fact that the beachh wedding gazebo is located at the end of the beach and that teh stairs to the beach make a dramatic entrance for the bride.

-Willing to swap out (within reason of course) various components of the wedding packages!

- 24 hour room service ( the brides tend not to eat on the wedding day- too much going on and visiting to do) so the 24 hr room service comes in handy!

-Amazing spa- one of the best in Riviera Maya!

-Beautiful grounds

-Outside vendors allowed

-No minimum guests staying at resort requirement ( very rare in Mexico)

-Only 2 weddings a day- that means that you will feel extremely pampered and special. Plus the resort is large enough that you may not see the other bride!

- Free wedding package is reasonable to achieve

-Free wedding package has many inclusions that cost extra at other resorts

-Even if you do not qualify for the free wedding package it is reasonably priced.

-Good eats (lots of choices and varied-from casual to gourmet), Good drinks

-Those little hidden boxes for room service where they place the room service in a nd a light goes off to let you know that's arrived, no need to answer the door- I think that they are a fantastic touch especially for newly weds!

I hope that this review was helpful!

Feel free to post any questions!

This is where we will be getting married in June. Can you tell me if the receptions for 20 people count the bride and groom or is the 20 people all guests? We currently have 25 people booked and just trying to get our extra costs figured out. Also, does the $45 cover the dinner and reception for the extra people? Thanks.