Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

Each resort has a set day where they have a lunch time beach bar-b-q.  It is nothing fancy, they put out a nice spread and some tables to eat at.  I don't remember the days, I think the Grand was on Saturday but ours was rained out.  I did go to the one at Suites, the food was good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CourtandMatt View Post

 

 

 

I also thought that there was a day BBQ beach party at the Suites on Thursday, a bonfire party at the Beach Resort on Thursday, and a bonfire party at the Suites Resort on Saturday.  Are you saying that there is not a bonfire?  Do you know if it is during the day or the evening?  

 

I understand (from having read it somewhere on BDW) that the Suites has a BBQ lunch on the beach on Thursday, and a Saturday night beach party with a bonfire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand a rehearsal dinner will count as one of everyone's a la carte restaurant reservations...but does the wedding dinner count as another?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Sjay View Post

 

I understand a rehearsal dinner will count as one of everyone's a la carte restaurant reservations...but does the wedding dinner count as another?

 

I just asked the WC about that yesterday.....the rehearsal dinner will count but the wedding dinner won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Collleeen12 View Post

 

 

I just asked the WC about that yesterday.....the rehearsal dinner will count but the wedding dinner won't.

 

Thanks very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Collleeen12 View Post

 

 

 

 

Yes, his work looks awesome and he's gotten great reviews!  Did you try to email him about availability?  He's usually pretty fast with his responses.  I haven't been given my wedding time yet, but just from reading through this thread, it looks like it's either 4:30 or 5?  Are you doing a private dinner and reception?  I'll def look out for you too :)

Having spoken with the WC we decided to stick with the on-site wedding photographer, I do hope we've made the right decision now... I haven't been given my wedding time either as yet, I have asked the WC though. I've sent off my Final Details Sheet so I hope we can find out pretty soon at least so we can have an idea of what to expect. I've also heard that 4:30 or 5 is the norm, so if we don't hear before we go I guess we can take this as a pretty good indication. There's only the two of us going out there so we've no need for a private dinner or reception, a nice cosy meal will do us nicely :) We were planning on going to the Cajun Restaurant but we also have a choice of the Suites restaurants so I'm still a little undecided. Are you having a private dinner / reception? Which restaurant have you chosen? I can't wait now, not long to go! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what the activities as far as bonfires, beach parties, etc is for the Grand. Just so I know how to plan around it or take advantage of it. ;) 

 

Thanks ladies, happy planning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ReadyBrek View Post

 

Having spoken with the WC we decided to stick with the on-site wedding photographer, I do hope we've made the right decision now... I haven't been given my wedding time either as yet, I have asked the WC though. I've sent off my Final Details Sheet so I hope we can find out pretty soon at least so we can have an idea of what to expect. I've also heard that 4:30 or 5 is the norm, so if we don't hear before we go I guess we can take this as a pretty good indication. There's only the two of us going out there so we've no need for a private dinner or reception, a nice cosy meal will do us nicely :) We were planning on going to the Cajun Restaurant but we also have a choice of the Suites restaurants so I'm still a little undecided. Are you having a private dinner / reception? Which restaurant have you chosen? I can't wait now, not long to go! :D

 

I'm sure the photographer will be great!  We were there last year and had the photographer from the resort take some pics of us and they turned out amazing!  So, don't worry about your choice :)  We just sent our final details in too.  Oh, that's so nice!  We ate at the Cajun restaurant last year and it was soooo good....but all of the food at the resort is great!  Are you staying at the Suites too?  We were planning on having a private dinner and reception but we don't have enough people :(  So, we're just going to have a private dinner for 1 1/2 hours and then move to the terrace and have a DJ up there.  I know!!!  I can't believe it's a month away.  I remember when it was 300 days away....I have a countdown on my phone :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Shauna253 View Post

 

 

So they don't have a bonfire at the Saturday beach party?does anyone actually know what is involved in the beach party? I was going to do a private bonfire beach party as a welcome party but changed my mind when I heard the next night the hotel had a beach party anyone. But if its not a bonfire then maybe I will still do one only own.

 

There is no bonfire at the beach party in front of the Suites on Saturday nights, at least not in July when we were there for the wedding.  They set up a stage on the beach and they have a DJ.  Everyone dances for a while and then the Star Friends dance and get the crowd involved.  They have a guest dance contest among 4 guests for 'King of the Beach'.  2 from our group participated and 1 won.  It was hysterical!  They do have a fire dancer perform for about 15 min. or so, but there is no bonfire is that is important to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Collleeen12 View Post

 

 

I'm sure the photographer will be great!  We were there last year and had the photographer from the resort take some pics of us and they turned out amazing!  So, don't worry about your choice :)  We just sent our final details in too.  Oh, that's so nice!  We ate at the Cajun restaurant last year and it was soooo good....but all of the food at the resort is great!  Are you staying at the Suites too?  We were planning on having a private dinner and reception but we don't have enough people :(  So, we're just going to have a private dinner for 1 1/2 hours and then move to the terrace and have a DJ up there.  I know!!!  I can't believe it's a month away.  I remember when it was 300 days away....I have a countdown on my phone :D

 

Many thanks! I'm glad you said that as I haven't heard the best reviews to date, I'm hoping they've improved over the last few years :) I've been looking through the restaurant menus and they all look great, I'm really spoilt for choice. Would you recommend one over another for a wedding dinner? Just want to make sure we choose a nice dining experience for this special meal. Yes we're staying at the Suites too, we'll be there from 26th Nov - 10th Dec :D It's a shame you can't book a private dinner / reception for any amount of people really, surely if you're paying it shouldn't matter? But I have seen their guidelines and it's not fair :( So which restaurant have you decided on instead? I haven't yet gone as far as a count down but I like you're thinking ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • $400.00 OBO Beautiful dress. Never worn. Tags still attached. Only alteration was a bustle put on the back. Slip included.  Kept in bag. Smoke free home.    
    • I have beautiful never used Real Touch flowers for sale.  NEVER USED  $450 OBO for all! 1 Bride Bouquet 6 Bridesmaids Bouquets 3 Corsages 5 Boutonnieres   Please comment or email me at melissatatalovich@hotmail.com for more information    
    • Paradisus is actually notorious for doing this and we have to fight with them all the time to get the rates lowered. Are you using a TA to assist you?
    • Moon palace cancun offers Sikh priest. Janina Mendoza in weddings was very nice and able to help me.. suggest to contact her.
    • First of all congrats!!! Costa Rica is a magical place for a wedding  Are you working with a travel agency for your rooms? If not, I would highly encourage you to do so because an agent can often help you get in contact with the wedding department to get that conversation/communication going. I would suggest working with Wright Travel Agency, the official agency of this forum. These agents are specialist in destination weddings and have access to great promotions and group perks in addition to being able to secure the best rates for your group. Best of all the agency does not charge any fees to use their service, but it will take a load off your plate not having to worry about arrangements for travel for you and your guests. Shoot an email over to info@wrighttravelagency.com and one of the team members will get back to you and get the ball rolling for your group and the wedding department! Best wishes!!!
  • Topics

×