Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

Oh noooooo. Yikes!!! I am so sorry. I learned that destination weddings are of course easier than traditional, but what makes it so stressful is you are thinking about whose coming, bailing, complaining, etc. everyday more than a traditional wedding in your home city. When people bail it really alters your plans. I have seen this happen in traditional weddings too, but not as much bailers. The wonderful thing to keep in mind is you have a beautiful beach background view with you and your hubby. I know its hard to face family bailing out, but I guess its best not to expect anyone to be there. That was the principle to begin with. If they show up, than great, if not...there is absolutely nothing you can do. Not even pay their way...they still may not go.

Originally Posted by mrsgreene2011 View Post

I am having fun or at least trying to. I can't believe it's only 3 months away, I can't wait! On top of everything else my brother said he isn't coming and it's sad because my sister-in-law and niece and nephew were in the wedding. He paid for the rooms and got their passports so I was sure he was coming. It cuts out some of my wedding party, but I have decided i am going to enjoy MY day no matter who is or isn't there. I'm just happy it didn't print my programs yet!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 feedback.gif

 

So it is looking like I am not going to have a private reception at one of the restaurants (guest keep cancelling) because I will probably only have 20 adults. My mom wants me to have everything else if i don't have the private reception. The cocktail hour, dinner, bonfire with the fire dancer and then rent or go to the disco.I told her I think that is a lot. She said she thinks it would be fun and different. I wanted to ask you ladies what do you think. One note, she is paying for it all, but she isn't holding it over my head. It is my decision. I was thinking of maybe having my reception on the beach as another option but I don't have any info about planning that or if the resort allows you to do that. Any feedback is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If yolu do all of the above with the Appetizer A option and no open bar at your cocktail with approximately 20 guests you are looking at spending about $1226 for bon fire, fire dancer, cocktail (A), and disco. I say go for it! Thats low vs. $1400 for private only (with dj for four hours).  Would WWould kkkkljhkhkjhkhkkkmThere

 

Originally Posted by mrsgreene2011 View Post

 feedback.gif

 

So it is looking like I am not going to have a private reception at one of the restaurants (guest keep cancelling) because I will probably only have 20 adults. My mom wants me to have everything else if i don't have the private reception. The cocktail hour, dinner, bonfire with the fire dancer and then rent or go to the disco.I told her I think that is a lot. She said she thinks it would be fun and different. I wanted to ask you ladies what do you think. One note, she is paying for it all, but she isn't holding it over my head. It is my decision. I was thinking of maybe having my reception on the beach as another option but I don't have any info about planning that or if the resort allows you to do that. Any feedback is appreciated.



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi MrsGreene! 

 

I feel for you my dear.  I think you should still have the cocktail hour, dinner, bonfire with the fire dancer and then go to the disco. Think about all the memories you'll be creating.  That's what matters.  Bonus....mom's on board.  Go for it girl!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrs. Greene,

 

I was starting to feel bad for you when you were telling me what your mother envisioned for your wedding. Then I got to the last part and let out a sigh of relief. I am happy that she is allowing to let you do whatever you wish for your special day (even though she's paying for everything). That's really wonderful. My mom's having a hard time letting us do what we want, and she's not paying for anything. LOL. Still love her, though.

 

My sense from reading your post is that you want a private sit down reception. I say go for it (if you can)! It never hurts to ask. Try and let us know what you find out.

 

You're going to have a fabulous wedding!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does that mean that your sister in law and niece and nephew are dropping out the wedding too?  I hope not.  My sister and future sister in law...both around 25 years old are not coming.  So I understand.
 

Originally Posted by mrsgreene2011 View Post

I am having fun or at least trying to. I can't believe it's only 3 months away, I can't wait! On top of everything else my brother said he isn't coming and it's sad because my sister-in-law and niece and nephew were in the wedding. He paid for the rooms and got their passports so I was sure he was coming. It cuts out some of my wedding party, but I have decided i am going to enjoy MY day no matter who is or isn't there. I'm just happy it didn't print my programs yet!
 



 



 



Originally Posted by mrsgreene2011 View Post

 feedback.gif

 

So it is looking like I am not going to have a private reception at one of the restaurants (guest keep cancelling) because I will probably only have 20 adults. My mom wants me to have everything else if i don't have the private reception. The cocktail hour, dinner, bonfire with the fire dancer and then rent or go to the disco.I told her I think that is a lot. She said she thinks it would be fun and different. I wanted to ask you ladies what do you think. One note, she is paying for it all, but she isn't holding it over my head. It is my decision. I was thinking of maybe having my reception on the beach as another option but I don't have any info about planning that or if the resort allows you to do that. Any feedback is appreciated.


That is great that your mother is helping out...we are not getting any help from either side of our family.  I say do what you want.  I was trying to keep everyone from moving from location to location during the day so I am still undecided about what I am going to do.

 



Originally Posted by atalanta View Post

Mrs. Greene,

 

I was starting to feel bad for you when you were telling me what your mother envisioned for your wedding. Then I got to the last part and let out a sigh of relief. I am happy that she is allowing to let you do whatever you wish for your special day (even though she's paying for everything). That's really wonderful. My mom's having a hard time letting us do what we want, and she's not paying for anything. LOL. Still love her, though.

 

My sense from reading your post is that you want a private sit down reception. I say go for it (if you can)! It never hurts to ask. Try and let us know what you find out.

 

You're going to have a fabulous wedding!

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mom is so cool, she really just wants it to be special and I think she feels bad that so many people are cancelling that she is trying to make sure I get the day I deserve. I am really lucky to have her and thankful for all of her help. I really would like the sit down reception, but I am not totally against her idea. I just want everyone to enjoy it. I am going to ask the coordinator about a reception on the beach. I will let you know what I find out.
 

Originally Posted by atalanta View Post

Mrs. Greene,

 

I was starting to feel bad for you when you were telling me what your mother envisioned for your wedding. Then I got to the last part and let out a sigh of relief. I am happy that she is allowing to let you do whatever you wish for your special day (even though she's paying for everything). That's really wonderful. My mom's having a hard time letting us do what we want, and she's not paying for anything. LOL. Still love her, though.

 

My sense from reading your post is that you want a private sit down reception. I say go for it (if you can)! It never hurts to ask. Try and let us know what you find out.

 

You're going to have a fabulous wedding!

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is exactly what it means. I lost a bridesmaid, ring bearer and 2 flower girls. I am really disappointed because he is my only sibling and I know he really can afford it; I just don't think he wants to shell out the money. My mom is really upset with him, but I am not going to let that ruin my day. I am sorry your family dropped out. I have coworkers coming and not my own family. I am really thankful for my mom and my friends, they have been a great help!
 

Originally Posted by akamikey11 View Post

So does that mean that your sister in law and niece and nephew are dropping out the wedding too?  I hope not.  My sister and future sister in law...both around 25 years old are not coming.  So I understand.
 



 




That is great that your mother is helping out...we are not getting any help from either side of our family.  I say do what you want.  I was trying to keep everyone from moving from location to location during the day so I am still undecided about what I am going to do.

 





 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey MrsGreen..it's me Tiff. I say go for it. If your mom is offering to make your day special, then let her. It's also a special day for her too, because her baby, you are getting married! My mom is my heart too and she is walking me down the aisle. I have 3 older sisters and can you believe NOT one of them are attending my wedding?? Two of them live in the islands and one lives in NJ. I thought the one in NJ would at least attend to represent on behalf of my other 2 sisters. But as long as I have my mom, I'm happy. Yes I will be emotional on my wedding day because naturally I want my sisters there. But God will create a beautiful day for me, my husband to be along with our close family and friends. So girl live it up! Sucks re the guests that aren't attending your wedding, but you're going to be a beautiful bride either way marrying your hubby to be!

Originally Posted by mrsgreene2011 View Post

My mom is so cool, she really just wants it to be special and I think she feels bad that so many people are cancelling that she is trying to make sure I get the day I deserve. I am really lucky to have her and thankful for all of her help. I really would like the sit down reception, but I am not totally against her idea. I just want everyone to enjoy it. I am going to ask the coordinator about a reception on the beach. I will let you know what I find out.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×