Photo

Train or no train?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DGG

DGG
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:34 AM

I found a dress I like but it has a long train - they said I can either get it shortened or have no train at all - and now I have no idea. I can't really see the dress with both options obviously and I'm having a hard time visualizing it.
    I don't really get the point of trains and think I'd be okay without one, but I want to look like a bride and can't decide if having at least a short train makes it a wedding dress..
    Did you girls have trains on your dress? If so, did it drag up sand as you walk on the beach??
    I think I'm leaning toward no train or a very short one, but I don't know...
    None of my friends have had a beach wedding so they don't know either - please help :)

#2 DGG

DGG
    • 275 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:41 AM

I thought I'd try to post a link to the dress with train and maybe that'll help :)
      One last question - my friend says this is too formal for the beach - I didn't think it was that formal so I could use another opinion :)

http://www.casablanc...t=Best Seller ubCat=#

#3 Sloan

Sloan
      • 1,279 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:39 AM

My dress has no train and now I kind of wish it had a train, just a little one.

#4 Inked1

Inked1
        • 161 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:04 AM

I think the dress will look beautiful either way though I know that doesn't help much. My dress has quite the train but for a Vegas wedding I'm not worried about sand. If the train gives you a more bridal feel, go for a small one.

As far is it being "not beachy" or too formal...If you love the dress and feel amazing in it, buy it! I think it's a gorgeous dress! I have seen some "formal" gowns in BDW girls photos and I think the contrast gives the photos a really cool look.

#5 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:52 AM

My dress has tool at the bottom I am going to cut all the dress material out so my train is only tool so it will be really light and I will only have a small bustle. I have to say I like the train.
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#6 Duchess

Duchess
            • 358 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

I went no train. I saved a lot of money as the dress was cheaper, plus I feel like I will be dragging beach sand around the place with a train. It is really what you feel more comfortable with, but for me, I decided it would be a hassle.

#7 Amarillis

Amarillis
              • 1,913 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

After much debate, I am having my train cut off so that the entire dress is the same length the whole way around.

#8 chicklet

chicklet
                • 718 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:23 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DGG
                  I thought I'd try to post a link to the dress with train and maybe that'll help :)
                  One last question - my friend says this is too formal for the beach - I didn't think it was that formal so I could use another opinion :)

http://www.casablanc...t=Best Seller ubCat=#
                  I didn't want a train at first (due to being on beach with my dress on..aka sand fleas) but once I put my dress on with the train I decided to keep it. I feel its part of being a bride (in my eyes). I just had them do a bustle so I could put it up for dancing and such.

#9 Amarillis

Amarillis
                  • 1,913 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

So Ladies,

I am a self proclaimed photowhore - and love seeing pics, I have been away for a while but am back and will be here steady until our wedding day which is coming up very quickly,

I went for my first fitting and here are some of the pics, the downside of this is that at the first fitting I found out that my dress was WAY too big, and over four inches needs to be taken in all around. :S scary....

The other decision that had to be made was what to do with the train, bustle it - or cut it off....

Click the image to open in full size.

Well... my first fitting was on the eleventh of November, and my second was on December 6, sadly I do not have any photos of the second fitting - but did decide to CHOP off the train... I just don`t love it, nor do I foresee fluffing the train and tossing it in the sand for my beach wedding.

I thought I`d share, as I am in a fantastic mood this afternoon.

xoxo A.

#10 KatyKo

KatyKo
                    • 851 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:24 PM

It looks great. If you feel great in it and love, love, love it then it is right for you It looks beautiful on you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users