Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#971 SparkleSun

SparkleSun
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

Oh, and the light up dance floor comes from him too which I would also recommend!

Attached Files

#972 Sharon99

Sharon99
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:17 AM

OMG SparkleSun! Your pictures are amazing! You look stunning, love your dress! They really did an awesome job of capturing the moments. You definitely had a beautiful wedding!! I got a little teary-eyed in a few of the shots. Makes me not want to wait a year :(

I actually contacted Del Sol for pricing & after seeing these photos I will probably just use them & pay whatever the day pass fee is.  Did you book them for 5 hours? That's what they recommended to me but I am thinking I need 6 if I want them there during the entire event.

I can't wait to read your review!

#973 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
      • Vendor
      • 1,243 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by SparkleSun 

I am going to go into this in further detail when I write my full review next week.  But I used Matt and Juan from Del Sol as my photographers.  I really cant say enough about them, and everyone else I had contact with over there. Now that the dust has settled from our wedding, the only things I have left are my memories and my photos.  They are absolutely worth the added investment, as your photos are not the place you want to compromise.  From the initial contact until now they have been friendly, professional, and always quick to respond and the quality of the photos are second to none.  The day of my wedding was slightly overcast and gloomy, yet when we received our pictures everything looked beautiful and sunny.  In addition, the way they are able to capture the emotions is uncanny.  It's not just me, have a look at what the other brides who have used them have said...everyone cant be wrong :)  I'll post a link to my full review of them later, but for now, I would book them while you still have a chance!

http://delsolphotogr...leries/?gal=411

Gracias Amiga!  Your family is amazing and is honestly one of the most inspirational things for me on your wedding day...nice people rock!

It was our pleasure... I figured I would add a few of my favs because I really love how your setup showcases certain areas of the hotel, specifically pleasing to work at from a photographers perspective.

This day had lots of sunshine and beautiful colors.  It also had some clouds and some beautiful sunrays!

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_002.JPG 
        Love the details at EPM

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_003.JPG

The "SUN" decorations in the rooms really work for me, I mean I personally can not get enough of my SOL :)

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_004.JPG

Deck chilling w/ the fam before the big I DO... view is wow.

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_005.JPG

WOW views.

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_006.JPG

I'd like to go on the record and officially say that the sunset light on the beach IS AMAZING and A del Sol PREFERRED site location vs EPM Gazebo. 

I've personally covered 3 weddings in their gazebos.  Sol has had one as well as Vincent as well as Juan.  All agree, its a confined space that has restrictions.   its very pretty, but when you include the videographer and 2 photographers, its very possible that someone is standing in front the parents like the videographer was at one of my past events...  If you have the choice and can handle sand, the beach is the way to roll, no doubt.

Specifically, there is a water moat that wraps around the entire perimeter which totally constricts and or eliminates traffic into or out (unless you walk the isle) and that makes photography difficult.  The guests are also seated with their backs to the ocean in this gazebo watching a ceremony.

This one of the water surrounded gazebo from Abbye+Paul_W_0158.JPG

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_009.JPG

SUN is shining

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_010.JPG

I love this one, so mysterious and yet so simple.  Beautiful bride!

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_011.JPG

Perfect day on the beach!

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_013.JPG

I wanted to include a closeup of the flowers...they seemed perfect.

a few more images in another post....

#974 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
        • Vendor
        • 1,243 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_030.JPG

The amazing Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_014.JPG

I'd say you got some serious SKY here!

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_015.JPG

The mariachi's add an entire new layer of atmosphere here, I'd say a star choice for any wedding in this country.  It never ever ever gets old for me!

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_016.JPG

A few hand snacks from EPM. YUM.

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_019.JPG

table setup

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_018.JPG

Kinda just off the beach, candles have a greater chance of burning.  Blue water + Warm glow. nice.

#975 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
          • Vendor
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

I really enjoyed this reception location, first time shooting here.  The height around the perimeter as well as the moat of water makes this place happen, along with lighting from the DJ.

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_027.JPG

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_023.JPG

I'm pretty sure the DJ provided these towers covered with fabric, with LED lights on them...  

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_020.JPG

The draped fabric really worked... although I'm pretty sure one day these drapes will catch on fire   Perhaps the DJ / fire guy could be hiding some more behind the white curtain :)

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_021.JPG

Here is one with out the DJ guys :)

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_028.JPG

Here is another view from above, the water makes it for me.

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_025.JPG

Reception Ambiance detail.  30 second exposure too, see the clouds flying in the background?

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_026.JPG

I really put this one in here to showcase layout of the floorplan.  2 second exposure on tripod.

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_024.JPG

Love the reflections w/ this water at the reception site.  A+

#976 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
            • Vendor
            • 1,243 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

I wanted to finish by talking about the fact that it rained on us unexpectedly, just for a few minutes.  These were fleeting seconds, but somehow we were able to make a few art snaps..

I really love this one...

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_033.JPG

its running in action to get out of the madness, yet so fun :)

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_032.JPG

Rain = Rain portrait...

with the rain, everybody moved under the covered dance floor area which gave way for amazing toast and speeches...

Excellence_Playa_Mujeres_del_Sol_photography_029.JPG

thanks amigos...  I hope these photos help provide a visual!

#977 grandstreet11

grandstreet11
              • Site Supporter
              • 22 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

SparkleSun Your wedding looks absolutely beautiful. I am hoping to get the same location for our reception and your pictures really helped me visualize how it will look. I noticed in your photos that you had someone non-religous officiate the wedding and I was wondering who it was and if you would recommend them.

Thanks!

May 23, 2011 -- 28 days to go !

#978 SparkleSun

SparkleSun
                • 61 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:39 AM

Wow so much to respond to :) Sharon: Thanks! Yes, I contracted them for 5 hours but I think they ended up staying even longer, I was in too much of a whirlwind to even think about looking at my watch when they left. They stayed until they finished the job though. I am sure if you talk to them, they will be able to guide you on how much time you need. Matt? Matt: Wow! Thanks for taking the time to post those here. You really did a good job highlighting some points about EPM. I wholeheartedly agree about going with the beach vs. gazebo. We initially wanted to do the gazebo, but besides the difficulties shooting there, I wanted to be looking out over the ocean and it faces the opposite direction. Yes, it's a little windy on the beach, not too bad. Grandstreet: Yamina arranged the officiant. She asked if we preferred a male or female and we said we didn't care either way. That was all the information we provided, however, we did write our own wedding script for her to read as we are not too religious and the ones they offered us were. I sent you a PM of our wedding video so that you can hear her speaking. I thought she did a fine job and she added a lot of character to our wedding.

#979 SparkleSun

SparkleSun
                  • 61 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:40 AM

They should really let you edit your own posts :)  There are some missing spaces in the answer above...sorry :(

#980 Lauren573

Lauren573
                    • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:09 AM

SparkleSun .... absolutely stunning! What a sweetheart you are to share with us all.

I completely agree about spending the money for the pictures. I love pictures, they take you right back to the moment and what a moment you had! Just beautiful! I must call DelSol and book them asap!

My future husband wanted our wedding to be as early as possible, so I chose the 11am timeslot ... I am truly hoping that the reception will be as beautiful since we will night have the night sky to drape us on the terrace. All I can picture is being extremely hot!

Did you find the wind bothersome at all during the ceremony on the beach? That was another of my fears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users